thoughts on 2012 and the Mayn Calendar

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
am interested on peoples thoughts on the year 2012 and the Mayan Calendar.
Will 2012 be just another yr or will we be fighting to survive natural extinction events?

FUBAR

Electoral Member
May 14, 2007
It will be another year. There are any number of different predictions by any number of prophesies, why are they always disaster based, because that sells.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
The fact that they predicted planet x and its arrival is something to be considered.!!!
How the hell did they know about it ???
Did an alien contact happen.?
To inform them of future events .?
the Sumerian tablets found are quite staggering, and if one thing is proved to be true why not the other?

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
It will be another year. There are any number of different predictions by any number of prophesies, why are they always disaster based, because that sells.

could you please explain what these Mayan were trying to sell ???? they lived over 3500 years ago mate there not likely to sell papers or get on tv then are they .!!!!

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
A Four Part Series- A brief analysis on how, when and why the FALSE theory of the year 2012 originated.
If you believe in the myth of Pacal Votan, you have chosen to follow the Catholic Church unawares; which is what they wanted you do to.
2012 will be the year of the Catholic Church "Revival" and "Rebirth" if NOT, the last living POPE in Nostradamus' prediction. This event will be the beginning of corrections to thousands of centuries of Catholic Church errors.

Please pay close attention to the Catholic church these next 5 years because it is pertinent that you see particular events that will be a first time in history. It is very serious and effects the minds of those who believe we will NOT see another day. It is to instill fear upon the minds of the weak and vulnerable. The Catholic church is waiting for this year to come so they can begin a new stage of redemption and conversion. "The Modern Day Renaissance" or "THE NEW BEGINNING OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH".

Please look at the hundreds of indigenous tribes around the world that have converted to the Catholic church throughout thousands of centuries. The time is coming for you to convert to the Catholic Church if you haven't done it yet. Believe in the prophesies of Pacal Votan and you will convert to Catholisim 2012. The Mayans had nothing to do with this and you will see. This lie will backfire on the church. It will be a short lived "Catholic movement".

My foresight predicts that by 2014 more people will become Atheist after the truth is revealed. By 2025 more than 40% of the world will have turned atheist. I am not predicting the world coming to an end or another WAR on Dec 21, 2012. I predict that it will be the beginning of world Atheism. That the enlightenment of anything if spiritual will be, Shamanistic. You will reform to nothing. You will begin to see Pagan movements and large communities of Pagans across the world. It's a beautiful foresight but the Catholic Church has to die, NOT time. All religious organizations have to die, NOT our planet. You have first heard this here. The OLD WORLD METHOD will be restored, it is who man once was prior to all religions.

Part II 2012 "The Mayan Calendar Conspiracy"
Part III 2012 "Nostradamus and the Catholic Church"
Part IV 2012 "Why the Catholic Church Did It"
-------------------------------------------
I've recently located a website that explains Pacal Votan in more detail. This site confirms and writes that Pacal Votan originated through the Catholic Church if you read between the lines. They are telling the truth in that Pacal Votan is a mythological character or, ficticious. You will also find this fact confirmed through many other resources. Believing a myth created by the Catholic church will be your pitfall.
(click on this link then scroll down to Subheading Votan Remembered: Devoted of the Wind)
http://www.lawoftime.org/GRI/rinri/cosmic.html
-------------------------------------------
Many of you are looking online for the book, "The Trials of Pacal Votan"
You will NOT find it on the internet.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pP_ag6oPgNU

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
The Mayan Calendar

The Mayan Calendar is not predicting the end of the world 2012, but the start of a new era; the golden age.
The Mayan Calendar is something profoundly different than just a system to mark off the passage of time. The Mayan Calendar is above all a prophetic calendar that may help us understand the past and foresee the future. It is a calendar of the Ages that describes how the progression of Heavens and Underworlds condition the human consciousness and thus the frames for our thoughts and actions within a given Age.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YhTjrQSfWCs

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Chances are when 2012 comes around, nothing will happen, and then all those experts who told us that date was the right one, will say they were off on their calculations and interpretations, and then push it off for another 50 or 100 years..... sorta like how the Rapture was supposed to happen on 2000, along with the Y2K bug..... then they said "Oh well we were wrong, because Jesus was such and such an age when such and such happend, so we now have to add 30-32 years to the doomsday date"

They did the exact same thing at the turn of the 1900's..... then in 1950..... it seems as though every century or half, there is always a doomsday prediction, and it never happens.

Even if it does or will happen.... and we're all going to die on 2012, what are we going to do about it? Seriously, if it's been predicted and they were right about everything else so far, how does one come about preventing this prediction from coming true?

And if you can't do anything about it regardless..... then why are we worrying about "Global Warming" and trying to change our ways now, when we're just going to die in a couple of years anyways?

And could their predictions only be set for their own civilization or that paticular area of the world? Is this going to be the destruction of our entire planet and peoples, or was this set for their own culture, which already died out long before, and thus, perhaps their prediction already occured (Which is why they no longer exist as they previously did)

Who's to know?

Or a better question, Who's to care? If it's going to happen, it's going to happen, and we can't do anything about it, so why worry yourself over it?

Oh well, if we're all going to die then, that would make me around 32 years of age..... that's long enough for me I guess.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Actually 2012 will be an interesting and rare alingnment of celestial stuff, we should be witnessing a few more chunks of stuff flying arround earth as we move through the debris fields, we could get clobbered by one or more of these chunks.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
How about 2038 when all the unix systems tick in one more digit past the allowable field ?

Just like that last little flirtation with the end of the world when the clocks and chips and all the gooh-ghas would know what to do with 2000.

Did you miss it Jim?

The world collapsed and chaos reigned supreme.

Pass the popcorn..

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Actually 2012 will be an interesting and rare alingnment of celestial stuff, we should be witnessing a few more chunks of stuff flying arround earth as we move through the debris fields, we could get clobbered by one or more of these chunks.

Well it's a good thing Canada is sending this up in orbit:

A rendering of NEOSSat(Near-Earth Object Surveillance Satellite)

Calgary team to launch miniature asteroid tracker
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...9/NEOsat_asteroids_080630/20080630?hub=Canada

"Scientists in Alberta have unveiled plans to launch mini-satellite that will be able to track the skies day and night, and send back early warning of dangerous asteroids approaching Earth.

Currently, all asteroid tracking is done here on earth. The sun blocks astronomers' view and they can study asteroids only at night.

But the Canadian-designed NEOSat (Near Earth Object Surveillance Satellite) is expected to launch in 2010 and its 15 cm-diameter telescope will do 24-hour tracking from space......."

^ So that gives us 2 years to figure out what's coming our way before we all die..... weee.... tight deadlines are always fun.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Y2K was the funniest. I had a neighbor on Gabriola who paid a computer guy to work a full day getting his computer ready for the year 2000. The neighbor is an intelligent guy otherwise. The computer guy is a crook no matter how you cut it.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
Earth and her inhabitants are currently travelling through the 13th baktun cycle - the final period of 1618-2012 AD. This cycle is known both as "the triumph of materialism" and "the transformation of matter." The Maya predicted this final baktun would be a time of great forgetting in which we drift very far from our sense of Oneness with Nature and experience a kind of collective amnesia. Like a memory virus in which we begin to believe the limited reality of appearances and grow dense to the spiritual essence which fuels this world, so humanity's sense of ego and domination has grown.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And so, here we are - currently living the last 7 years of both a 5,125 year Creation Cycle, and the last 8 years of a 26,000 Grand Cycle, the Precession of the Equinoxes. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The coming end date of December 21, 2012 is also written as 13.0.0.0.0. in Mayan long count notation; just like the beginning date.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Scholar and author John Major Jenkins reports,"On 13.0.0.0.0, the December solstice sun will be found in the band of the Milky Way. We can call this an alignment between the galactic plane and the solstice meridian. This is an event that has slowly converged over a period of thousands of years, and is caused by the precession of the equinoxes.The place where the December solstice sun crosses the Milky Way is precisely the location of the "dark-rift in the Milky Way...'xibalba be' - the road to the underworld." [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On the winter solstice of 2012, the noonday Sun exactly conjuncts the crossing point of the sun's ecliptic with the galactic plane, while also closely conjuncting the exact the center of the galaxy.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jenkins further proposes that this grand cross in time is symbolized by the Mayan Tree of Life, found at the core of Mayan cosmology. [/FONT]​

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The source of these calendar codes is the "Dreamspell" - the modern application of ancient Mayan time-science, brought to us by Dr. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]José and Lloydine Argüelles[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. As a tool of synchronization, unification, and telepathic development, by speaking a language of light, this template unites us in a harmony which transcends our language barriers. By following the 13-Moon Natural Time Calendar, every day we meet eachother in the consciousness of the energy and sacred symbol of the day. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rather than labeling today's date as:
"Thursday, December 22, AD two-thousand-and-five,"
to a growing global population who tracks the Dreamspell count, today is:
"Red Rhythmic Skywalker, Gamma Rhythmic 10, Year of the Yellow Cosmic Seed."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is beneficial to come together and dicuss what it means to live by these cycles, and how to enhance our connections and share resources![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The "Dreamspell" is subtitled "Timeship Earth 2013." If we understand that Time refers to the fourth dimension of Mind which governs third dimensional space, (Intention preceding manifestation), then what if we translate this as "Mindship Earth 2013?" As humans all over the planet unite through this synchronization tool, we are in fact linking minds over the next 7 years, and beyond. Perhaps the design and the quality of the Ship of 2013 will reflect the consciousnesses of those minds who have linked up! All aboard![/FONT]​

MissAnnika

Electoral Member
Jun 30, 2008
Ohau, Hawaii
end of world prophacies have been around forever. its been a billion years and the world has been fine so far. but what ever happens happens and theres not much we can really do about it.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
My thoughts on 2012...

The Mayan calendar does end in december 2012... But so what? In the context of such a calendar, time is cyclical, not linear... So the mayan cycles will just start again, that's all.

I'm not sure the mayans actually believed the world would end on December 21st 2012... All 2012 represents is the end of an era and beginning of a new one.

So as soon as I hear about 2012 being 'the end of the world', credibility is lost, in my view. I'm open to much speculation about what could happen but I don't take seriously anyone who pretends to know what exactly will happen.

The real issue is in how you believe cosmic cycles are related to our earthly lives. It's all about astrology really... The whole 2012 thing is just cosmic astrology on a much, much larger scale than what most are used to dealing with in cheap newspaper horoscopes.

So the question is, do you believe in astrology or not? If you don't, 2012 is a year like any other. If you do, than 2012 is a year to watch, but I suggest doomsday scenarios can only lead to unhealthy paranoia. Whether any of all this stuff is true or not, it's healthier to focus on making our lives better than to constantly expect some form of large scale disaster. That's not to say one can't be prepared for unexpected events.

While I don't believe or disbelieve in astrology, I consider myself very open-minded to it. So I have interest in the 2012 thing. But it doesn't go any further than interest; it would seem a bit foolish to me to change your life around paranoid ideas about 2012 being the end of it all.