Bill Vander Zalm and Chemtrails ?

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Willy Vanderscam has always been way way out there.
That he has. He grabbed onto the HST issue with little forethought other than to get his picture on the front page and we'll be paying for that for some time to come. I just wonder if he's publicity-hungry enough to grab onto something as controversial as Chemtrails? He'd certainly be putting his credibility up for trial.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
That he has. He grabbed onto the HST issue with little forethought other than to get his picture on the front page and we'll be paying for that for some time to come. I just wonder if he's publicity-hungry enough to grab onto something as controversial as Chemtrails? He'd certainly be putting his credibility up for trial.

What credibility?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
As with everything else, you will have your believers and non-believers. Best to just come to your own conclusions after doing a thorough job of investigating. But I have never heard an official, or otherwise, explanation for the difference between the usual quickly dissipating trails and the lingering trails. There is also the goopy substance that falls out of the ski and has been analyzed to contain Aluminum and Barium. Plenty of evidence presented but I have yet to see any official explanation for it, but then I haven't looked into it very much.

I wasn't aware that he ever had any cred.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Where's Stretch?! He loves this stuff. Anything you want to know about chemtrails he's on point with that.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They are an excellent way to fake "global warming".

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Willie did not latch onto the HST to get his name in the paper. He did it to get
even with some people Campbell being one, for his rough treatment and the
abandonment of his leadership years ago.
As a farmer the HST was a good thing it simplified the tax structure for business.
For consumers it was not so good especially those with lower incomes. If it were
done for the reason of simplification fine but that was not the reason the government
brought it in.
When Gordo came to power he gave the biggest earners two billion in tax breaks.
The economy did not generate the income to absorb the gift and the budget was
in the whole. To balance the budget or close the gap, BC got 1.6 billion set against
the debt leaving a shortfall of 1.6 billion. That means the deficit was 3.2 billion and
we never recovered.
Chemtrails are nonsense its people being suspicious of everything. The trail a jet
leaves is just that a jet trail across the sky and some strange people who believe
their own shadow is a conspiracy latch onto to it as some serious plot.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
I'm not really interested in rehashing old arguments, chemtrails and the HST have both been done to death as far as I'm concerned, and it's not likely we'll uncover any new information here on either of those topics. My question is 1.) Is there any truth to the report that he has penned this alleged letter, and 2.) If so, just what is he thinking ?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Chemtrails are nonsense its people being suspicious of everything. The trail a jetleaves is just that a jet trail across the sky and some strange people who believe their own shadow is a conspiracy latch onto to it as some serious plot.
How long should a "jet trail" linger? A few minutes or all day?

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
...whereas the merest mention of the word "chemtrail" quickly pollutes any thread it comes in contact with.

It strikes me odd that the only place this letter appears is at the site which published it in the first place. You'd think that some news agency would latch on to something like this in a hurry.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
How long should a "jet trail" linger? A few minutes or all day?

Depends on the the winds aloft, humidity, and a few other things. The other day at the airshow the jet trails of the performers were gone in just a few seconds. On other days the trails were still there twenty minutes later. Nothing to do with mysterious chemicals being added to the air.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
...whereas the merest mention of the word "chemtrail" quickly pollutes any thread it comes in contact with.

It strikes me odd that the only place this letter appears is at the site which published it in the first place. You'd think that some news agency would latch on to something like this in a hurry.
Vanderscam is a hot potato. Maybe they are just avoiding anything to do with him. I find it had to believe that anybody who wants to sound legit would attach his name to it. It does sound like something he would latch on to, but who nose.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
That's what strikes me as odd. Politicians by their very nature are fence sitters, what could he have in mind that would make him want to weigh in on something this controversial? Not to mention the "fringe" aspects?