October 21 - The End is Near

CDNBear
#61
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post




same old broken record

Yes you are, admitting that is your first step in the healing process.
 
SLM
#62
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Apocalypti?

Wasn't that the title of Mel Gibson's last movie as a director? Before his meltdown I mean.

Maybe it's like moose. Plural and singular are the same.
 
CDNBear
+1
#63
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Wasn't that the title of Mel Gibson's last movie as a director? Before his meltdown I mean.

Maybe it's like moose. Plural and singular are the same.

You mean Meese isn't the plural for Moose?

No wonder I keep getting funny looks at the Bass Pro.
 
damngrumpy
+1
#64
Jesus is coming Look Busy. The end time is always just around the corner, so you
still have plenty of time to sign up for soul saving. People have made predictions a
lot of them actually and each group goes away mumbling about some magic number
they got wrong. This is as old as time itself and the real price is to sign up and be saved
and then contribute to the collection plate continuously until death, and that is the real end
time Death itself.
Look its a bird its a plane God, he is faster than Superman.
 
SLM
+1
#65
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

You mean Meese isn't the plural for Moose?

No wonder I keep getting funny looks at the Bass Pro.

Yes, that would be the reason.
 
gopher
#66
Quote:

Yes you are, admitting that is your first step in the healing process.

Sounds like someone with considerable experience.
 
CDNBear
#67
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Sounds like someone with considerable experience.

Do you often refer to yourself in the third person?
 
eh1eh
+2
#68
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

There's an easy answer to this.......
Move to Afghanistan......they're 100 years behind times....

Nope. Try 3000 years. The same as all religious people.

Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

The day is so special that Christ has decided to shave for this. Oh the
rapture I forgot, what are we supposed to wear for this event? Is it
black tie, or casual

Just depends.
 
SLM
#69
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Just depends.

Seriously, attire for the end of the world?!? It could be Depends. Just sayin'.
 
eh1eh
#70
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Seriously, attire for the end of the world?!? It could be Depends. Just sayin'.

I'd be so happy I'd sh1t myself.
Hey, this would also pretty much empty the American prison system too.
Good news all round.
 
darkbeaver
+1
#71
I wonder what god thinks about people who worry about personal hygene while they are about to be destroyed by fire and brimstone? It's not like you'll be refused entry because you've soiled your pants. Nobody has to be the least bit worried about going to heaven covered in ****.It's addressed in the manual.
 
SLM
#72
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

I'd be so happy I'd sh1t myself.
Hey, this would also pretty much empty the American prison system too.
Good news all round.

Party on!

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

I wonder what god thinks about people who worry about personal hygene while they are about to be destroyed by fire and brimstone? It's not like you'll be refused entry because you've soiled your pants. Nobody has to be the least bit worried about going to heaven covered in ****.It's addressed in the manual.

Oh c'mon now. No self respecting woman wants risk showing up wearing the same thing as everyone else!
 
darkbeaver
#73
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Party on!



Oh c'mon now. No self respecting woman wants risk showing up wearing the same thing as everyone else!

 
Corduroy
#74
Had an end of the world party the last time the world was supposed to end. It isn't as fun doing it twice in a year, but I'll take any excuse to party. It's a Friday too.

Winter Solstice 2012 is going to be crazy though. See you all there
 
darkbeaver
#75
"end of the world" needs clarification, will it be a local event? are there options other than death by burning pitch? can we use air miles? is there reserved seating? what about cancellations?
 
gopher
#76
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear;

Do you often refer to yourself in the third person?

LOL. Your mind must be on drugs (yet again) if you think I referred to myself in the third person.

Quote:

is there reserved seating? what about cancellations?



Quote:

Jesus is coming Look Busy.

JOHNNY RIVERS- quot JESUS IS A SOUL MAN quot - YouTube

 
VanIsle
#77
Based on Scripture, many Christian faiths believe and teach about a future, end-times event when all true believers who are still alive before the end of the world will be taken from the earth by God into heaven. The term describing this event is "the Rapture." Although the term "rapture" is not found in the Bible, the theory is firmly based on Scripture. Those who accept the Rapture theory believe that all non-believers on the earth at the time will be left behind for the tribulation (external - login to view) period. Most Bible scholars agree the tribulation period will last for seven years, the final seven years of this age, until Christ returns to set up his earthly kingdom during the Millennium.

Until I read this thread, I had never heard of "The Rapture". Just thought you would all be "dying" to know - the date has been changed. It's now supposed to happen tomorrow.

Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsleView Post

Based on Scripture, many Christian faiths believe and teach about a future, end-times event when all true believers who are still alive before the end of the world will be taken from the earth by God into heaven. The term describing this event is "the Rapture." Although the term "rapture" is not found in the Bible, the theory is firmly based on Scripture. Those who accept the Rapture theory believe that all non-believers on the earth at the time will be left behind for the tribulation (external - login to view) period. Most Bible scholars agree the tribulation period will last for seven years, the final seven years of this age, until Christ returns to set up his earthly kingdom during the Millennium.

Until I read this thread, I had never heard of "The Rapture". Just thought you would all be "dying" to know - the date has been changed. It's now supposed to happen tomorrow.

This computer quote says that true believers are being taken during The Rapture. The rest have to wait for the tribulation period. What if, you believe you are a true believer but Christ doesn't agree with you? Maybe The Rapture happened and we are still here!!!! Maybe we are going through the Tribulation period.
Now how's that for being the Devil's Advocate????
 
In Between Man
#78
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsleView Post

What if, you believe you are a true believer but Christ doesn't agree with you? Maybe The Rapture happened and we are still here!!!! Maybe we are going through the Tribulation period.

Not quite. When it does happen you'll know because it will be huge news. "Worldwide disappearances" by the millions upon millions. Unfortunately, all the Universalists, Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses and other fake Christians will cast doubt on all of you by saying "We're Christian and we're still here, so there must be another explanation." Which of course will play into the hands of those who will choose not to believe "aliens got 'em"(for example). However, scripture says that this will also be the time of the biggest harvest of souls ever in the history of earth because millions of others will seek the truth. They're going to get their heads cut off (interestingly enough the main execution method of sharia law) for professing Jesus Christ, while everyone else will gleefully worships the anti-Christ(he will be attractive and will declare world peace).

There's far more to the scenario for me to describe here, like the False Prophet who will be the advocate for the anti-Christ(with signs and wonders), the mark of the beast, and the anti-Christ himself declaring war on Israel half way through the 7 year tribulation.

It's certainly not going to happen tomorrow. In fact, Harold Camping's false predictions fulfill end-time prophecy (external - login to view).

If it does happen in our lifetime, don't believe anyone who declares himself God, do not accept the mark, and most importantly ask Jesus Christ to forgive your sins and fill your life with the Holy Spirit - and run for the wilderness!!!
Last edited by In Between Man; Oct 20th, 2011 at 03:03 PM..
 
DurkaDurka
#79
Quote: Originally Posted by alleywayzalwayzView Post

Not quite. When it does happen you'll know because it will be huge news. "Worldwide disappearances" by the millions upon millions. Unfortunately, all the Universalists, Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses and other fake Christians will cast doubt on all of you by saying "We're Christian and we're still here, so there must be another explanation." Which of course will play into the hands of those who will choose not to believe "aliens got 'em". However, scripture says that this will also be the time of the biggest harvest of souls ever in the history of earth because millions of others will seek the truth. They're going to get their heads cut off (interestingly enough the main execution method of sharia law) for professing Jesus Christ, while everyone else will gleefully worships the anti-Christ(he will be attractive and will declare world peace).
There's far more to the scenario for me to describe here, like the False Prophet who will be the advocate for the anti-Christ(with signs and wonders), the mark of the beast, and the anti-Christ himself declaring war on Israel half way through the 7 year tribulation.
It's certainly not going to happen tomorrow. In fact, Harold Camping's false predictions fulfill end-time prophecy.
If it does happen in our lifetime, don't believe anyone who declares himself God,...

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post

Cool story, bro. Has all the makings of a B Zombie movie from the 50's.
 
In Between Man
#80
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Cool story, bro. Has all the makings of a B Zombie movie from the 50's.

If you change your mind after the fact, my home has supplies you can use to move into the bush - feel free.
 
DurkaDurka
#81
Quote: Originally Posted by alleywayzalwayzView Post

If you change your mind after the fact, my home has supplies you can use to move into the bush - feel free.

That's ok. I follow the Church of Ronald Reagan. The Gipper watches over me.
 
Cliffy
#82
The mark of the beast is on all of us. Why do you think you all carry a SIN card? Back in the seventies and eighties, all federal telephone numbers were prefixed with 666 until someone pointed it out to them and they realized their gig was becoming known and they started changing the numbers. But if you look in your blue pages you will still see some of them are there to this day. So, I think the Rapture has already happened and all you Christians who thought you would be picked up... well, I guess you just weren't good enough, eh!
 
levanty
#83
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

The mark of the beast is on all of us. Why do you think you all carry a SIN card? Back in the seventies and eighties, all federal telephone numbers were prefixed with 666 until someone pointed it out to them and they realized their gig was becoming known and they started changing the numbers. But if you look in your blue pages you will still see some of them are there to this day. So, I think the Rapture has already happened and all you Christians who thought you would be picked up... well, I guess you just weren't good enough, eh!

crap :P
 
lone wolf
#84
Where are all the ticket scalpers for this particular train to Heaven - seeing as how the last departure will soon be upon us?
 
VanIsle
#85
Quote: Originally Posted by alleywayzalwayzView Post

Not quite. When it does happen you'll know because it will be huge news. "Worldwide disappearances" by the millions upon millions. Unfortunately, all the Universalists, Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses and other fake Christians will cast doubt on all of you by saying "We're Christian and we're still here, so there must be another explanation." Which of course will play into the hands of those who will choose not to believe "aliens got 'em"(for example). However, scripture says that this will also be the time of the biggest harvest of souls ever in the history of earth because millions of others will seek the truth. They're going to get their heads cut off (interestingly enough the main execution method of sharia law) for professing Jesus Christ, while everyone else will gleefully worships the anti-Christ(he will be attractive and will declare world peace).
There's far more to the scenario for me to describe here, like the False Prophet who will be the advocate for the anti-Christ(with signs and wonders), the mark of the beast, and the anti-Christ himself declaring war on Israel half way through the 7 year tribulation.
It's certainly not going to happen tomorrow. In fact, Harold Camping's false predictions fulfill end-time prophecy.
If it does happen in our lifetime, don't believe anyone who...

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Alley, if Jesus is coming for us - why do we have to run? He's coming to save us isn't he? Rest assured, when it happens, it will be very noticeable and non believers will become believers in a heart beat. Won't be many left for the Tribulations.
 
Goober
+1
#86
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsleView Post

Alley, if Jesus is coming for us - why do we have to run? He's coming to save us isn't he? Rest assured, when it happens, it will be very noticeable and non believers will become believers in a heart beat. Won't be many left for the Tribulations.

Myself I am indulging tonight and the hell with the Cholesterol.
 
taxslave
+1
#87
WHat if you don't want to be saved? Or are out of town and don't check your Email?
 
Kreskin
#88
It was nice knowing you all.
 
In Between Man
#89
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsleView Post

Alley, if Jesus is coming for us - why do we have to run?

You're misunderstanding this a little bit. God is going to rapture the people who are Christians today, and the people who become Christians AFTER the rapture will face persecution and martyrdom. This persecution is happening because Christ's second coming hasn't happened yet, he's only raptured the present-day Christians. According to scripture some of the tribulation Christians (post-rapture converts) will escape to the wilderness.

Quote:

He's coming to save us isn't he?

He ALREADY DID come to save you! The first time he walked the earth, suffered his own persecution and died on the cross! There's your whole salvation right there - at cavalry.

God's rapture of the Christians isn't the same as Christ's second coming. Christ will return for the second time at the END of the 7 year tribulation, when Israel and her Christian allies (many publicly preaching the word of God) are cornered and facing doom. The anti-Christ and his armies will be closing in, and "Blessed is one who comes in the name of the Lord!!!" the will be the cry of Israel(many of these Israelis are "tribulation Christians").

THEN!!! That's when the greatest event in history will take place! Christ will return surrounded by God's glory and the whole world will KNOW INSTANTLY that Jesus Christ is alive, he's God, and this is the end of the anti-Christ! Oh to see the fear on his face! The anti-Christ will be destroyed and Jesus Christ will reign! Hallelujah!

That's not the end of evil quite yet however. We still have Armageddon followed by Judgment Day, but that's another discussion so I'll stop there.

Quote:

Rest assured, when it happens, it will be very noticeable and non believers will become believers in a heart beat. Won't be many left for the Tribulations.

One would think so, and many will, but sadly the world will be divided and there will still be millions or billions of humans who will still not believe. As I was saying to fellow member and friend Dexter Sinister, a person's carnal mind will always be able to explain away something that defies normal circumstances. If you witnessed Christians praying over a coffin, and suddenly the dead became alive, your mind would tell you "he wasn't really dead" or it's a "trick". It's always been that way, people have said Jesus didn't rise from the grave but that his body was "stolen", or that he didn't walk on water and there must have been a "sandbar". Carnality.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

WHat if you don't want to be saved?

Love this question. You will go to hell. Notice how your acknowledging a choice here? God said "I set before you life and death, curse or blessing" then he gives you an inside tip "choose life because its better than death, choose blessing because it's better than the curse". (Deuteronomy 30:19 (external - login to view))

Contrary to popular belief there is no "mystery to life". Make the right decision for yourself and choose Christ - choose life.
Last edited by In Between Man; Oct 20th, 2011 at 10:00 PM..
 
petros
#90
Quote:


God's rapture of the Christians isn't the same as Christ's second coming.
Christ will return for the second time at the END of the 7 year tribulation,
when Israel and her Christian allies (many publicly preaching the word of God)
are cornered and facing doom. The anti-Christ and his armies will be closing
in, and "Blessed is one who comes in the name of the Lord!!!" the will be the
cry of Israel(many of these Israelis are "tribulation Christians").

Where do I find that whole synopsis? In the NT?
 

Similar Threads

35
October Surprise
by vista | Nov 1st, 2004
21
Name the October Surprise?
by Jillyvn | Sep 16th, 2004
no new posts