What are the taxes like in alberta when making $25.00 an hour?

bobcat1
SO I would be making $25.00 an hour plus time and a half after 8 hours which is $37.00. How much would you make after taxes per two weeks???
working 12 hours a day.

Spade
Payroll Deductions Online Calculator

Ariadne
Oh dear ... not one of those high school math things ...

let's see ...

per day earnings: (8 x 25) + (4 x 37.50) = A
per month earnings based on 22 day work month: 22 x A = B
annual: 12 x B = C
Next ... what the tax rate on annual income C? ... =D

Subtract: C-D, divide by 52 ... and that should give some sort of weekly ballpark figure.

I think you'd fall into a 40% tax bracket ... which means you'll be taking home about $210 a day although you'll be making $350 a day. If you only work 6 months, and relax for six months, you'll get most of it back.

Take home per month will be between 4 and 5k.

gingersnap
Working 12 hours a day for two weeks in Alberta would earn you a gross income of 3,480.00. Deduct fed tax of 857.75, CPP of 165.60, and EI of 60.20 - you would be left with a net of 2,396.45.

That doesn't include dues and vacation payout.

on edit: I think I'm out by around 20.00. And here I was trying to be all smart and stuff.

Ariadne
My round about rough estimates came to $4598 per month after taxes ... which is pretty close to your calculation done a completely different way.

Bar Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

Oh dear ... not one of those high school math things ...

let's see ...

per day earnings: (8 x 25) + (4 x 37.50) = A
per month earnings based on 22 day work month: 22 x A = B
annual: 12 x B = C
Next ... what the tax rate on annual income C? ... =D

Subtract: C-D, divide by 52 ... and that should give some sort of weekly ballpark figure.

I think you'd fall into a 40% tax bracket ... which means you'll be taking home about $210 a day although you'll be making $350 a day. If you only work 6 months, and relax for six months, you'll get most of it back.

Take home per month will be between 4 and 5k.

There is no 40% tax bracket in Canada. At $25 an hour the federal tax rate is only 22%. Add the 10% provincial tax and it amounts to less than 30%. That should allow a take home pay of around $3000 a month give or take a little. Of course there may be further deductions for extended health care plans, EI, and CPP. If total income is over 80,000 then the federal rate rises to 26%. Here is a link to Canadian tax rates.
What are the income tax rates in Canada?