Thinking of becoming a medic on the pipeline

MissMay

Jan 28, 2010
Hey everyone. I'm a 26 year old woman, and I am currently in the process of becoming an EMR in Alberta. I noticed just from "googling" job postings that there are quite a few openings as of right now for pipeline medics. I'm assuming that these will mostly be camp jobs, which is ok with me (for now) because I really need to make some good money fast. Eventually I would like to pursue something more with my skills, but right now I'm just looking for a little advice on what it's like to be a pipeline medic, what it's like to be a woman in this industry, and any other juicy tid bits you might like to share. I'm not going to lie, I'm scared outta my wits to take this step (got tired of following his dumb a*s), and I just want to know what I'm getting myself into. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for reading.

MissMay

Jan 28, 2010
Although Haiti would be a wonderful way for me to help those in need, unfortunately due to situations at home I would be unable to go that far. Pipelining is not something I would ever consider doing forever, but I would like to know what I'm getting myself into. Just a little heads up is all I'm asking for.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The industry is cleaning up a lot, and work standards, expectations, etc., are a lot higher than they used to be. Being a band-aid is pretty decent work. I have a cousin who worked as a band-aid, and he liked it before he left to be a city EMT. But, he's a he... lol.

From what I've seen from hubby being around the patch though, it's getting pretty even for women.

Good luck!

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Although Haiti would be a wonderful way for me to help those in need, unfortunately due to situations at home I would be unable to go that far. Pipelining is not something I would ever consider doing forever, but I would like to know what I'm getting myself into. Just a little heads up is all I'm asking for.

I'm sorry. That was a poor joke. I know nothing about medic on pipline work. The , best of luck was sincere.