Couple with two dogs need house asap!Calgary/Banff

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Hiya,
Deserately looking for house that we(canadian/Irish couple) can live in with our two well behaved dogs asap.In banff or near University in Calgary.
mail djtsktsk@hotmail.com :-?
I'm not even from there but I know enough to tell you that to live in either area will cost you lots and I doubt Alberta is any different from BC when it comes to renting a place that will take animals. Hard enough to get a place with one pet. Two is what landlords would consider double trouble. Any ad I see in the paper where I live (and it's certainly no where near where you want to live, says - NO PETS). I wish you luck.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
A word of advice... renters advertise, and expect you to find them. They don't go hunting through obscure web forums on political issues looking for renters who might need a place.

Get your local classifieds (or the classifieds of the place you finally decide on), and start there. Good luck.

Lisaleathers

Sep 24, 2009
Banff
We moved to Calgary thanks and found a place, now all i have to do is keep the coyotes away from my doggies, oh dear!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Watch for cougars,they prey on males near Calgary.

I know I've told the story on the forum before, so some may never have heard it, but, my husband nearly died because of a cougar once.

When he was on his way home from work one day, it was out painting a fence in short shorts sans underwear, and he nearly drove straight into the house.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I was once almost set apon by an older cougar in a bar. I had had one or two too many and was lucky to escape....;-):lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I was once almost set apon by an older cougar in a bar. I had had one or two too many and was lucky to escape....;-):lol:

Oh, my husband has discovered that, while waiting in line at the bar to buy me a drink, he can get himself a couple free ones if he's nice enough to the cougar pride. lol.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
We're living withing walking distance of the city center, its nice!

City center is where the coogs congregate.:lol:

URBAN CANADA--Canadians do not live in fear of many things. They hunt, they fight, and they sport. They are not afraid to brave the cold. But even the bravest man has been known to tremble at the sight of one native creature, a ferocious female mammal known to the world as the Canadian cougar. This predatory puma is a delicate yet dangerous foe who is more than a match for the average Canadian male.
The sexy Canadian cougar is beautiful but deadly.

The Canadian cougar is an aggressive predator, and man is her prey. But be at ease, for the cougar is completely harmless--that is, until she reaches the mature age of thirty (in some areas thirty-five). It is at this point Nature takes over, triggering the female's survival instincts. That is when this pouty beast comes into her strength and begins to realize her power.
The cougar's intentions are obvious. She is seeking a mate.
Fierce and relentless, the Canadian cougar hunts and tracks until she sights an acceptable male target. At the local watering hole she may appear docile, but be not fooled by this deception, for she is ready to pounce at a moment's notice.
She stalks in the dark, using the shadow of night to disguise her intentions. Driven by the smells in the pheromone-scented air, and agitated by the sight of an attractive male biceps, the beautiful cougar will cautiously select her prey. It may be a young man who has strayed from his herd, or it might be an attractive target already mated to another. It doesn't matter. Once selected, the cougar will use her charms and wiles to lure the male away to her den.
Alcohol is man's real enemy, and the cougar is acutely aware of this weakness. Her senses are so fine-tuned, that she can detect the slightest hint of beer on a man's breath, and will use that to her advantage. Of course, the male's first instinct is to flee, for he knows he stands no chance of defending himself, or his honour, against the hungry cougar. She always gets what she wants, such is the power of her survival instinct.
Although it is true that the Canadian cougar is fiercely protective of her young, fear not for getting in between the cougar and her cub, because it is likely she left it at home with her mother, while she is out on the prowl.

Last edited: