moving to calgary

lehoumomof3

Sep 17, 2009
Hello, I would just like some advice. We are relocating to calgary from maple ridge, BC. It is beautiful here, but you can't stay somewhere just because there's beautiful weather and the scenery is great, because of the economy my husband got a huge pay cut for a whole year and we are ready for a change. Me and the children will be moving ahead to get settled in while my husband continues to work, we allready have a house there in the mackenzie lake, SE area. I do have my brother there for moral support (he lives in the cranston, SE area), I guess my question is how is this area for raising a family? Thank you

lehoumomof3

Sep 17, 2009
Another thing my husband works in the heating and air conditioning business, and people said he shouldn't have trouble finding a job there, when he does go there.

Torijames

Mar 17, 2010
www.liveincalgary.com

Hi there,

I hope your moving plans are coming along nicely. Just wanted to direct you to a new resource available online, should you still be looking for information on moving to Calgary. www.liveincalgary.com is a website offering a wealth of great information on Calgary, including communities, schools, jobs, and things to do for fun once you get here. Hope you find this helpful!

Thanks,

Tori James

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I just moved from Mackenzie Lake this past June, having lived there for the past 10-11 years, and would say it is a nice area to raise a family. The transit links are solid and so are the connecting roads (hwy 22X heading to Macleod Trail and the Deerfoot going north through the entire city) so access to the entire city is right at hand.

I can't comment on the quality of the schools but they are close by (both catholic and private), the people are friendly and the area itself is pretty quiet. All the shopping you need is also close by either in the plazas just off the Deerfoot, over at Shaughnessy (Macleod Trail) and Southcenter Mall is just off the Deerfoot at Anderson.

Enjoy your new home and I hope everything works out for you.