Calgary Rejection Line

Robnaldo
Hello,

I go to the University of Calgary and I am currently starting up a research project.
What I have created is a "text based rejection line."

What is a "text based rejection line?" It is a "fake" phone number that you give to people you aren't actually interested in having further contact with. When they call this number nobody will answer, however they will receive a "Rejection text message."

I will just get it off my chest now and say that I am not making any money off of this, and the companies I advertise are non-profit local organizations.

Last but not least here is the number:

(555) 555 5555 *Moderator Edit.

The number is meant for Calgary but will work anywhere in Canada, international numbers are filtered.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Sep 5th, 2009 at 07:48 AM..Reason: Removed the PH#, left the Thread for it's entertainment value.

Unforgiven
So I guess anyone calling that number is looking to hook up with someone else right? Isn't that also a way of collecting phone numbers of singles and people looking for a little?

Ron in Regina
Hmmmm....One SPAMMER here you can see, & one more the AutoMod caught that
you can't. Buzy place.

Ron in Regina
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

So I guess anyone calling that number is looking to hook up with someone else right? Isn't that also a way of collecting phone numbers of singles and people looking for a little?

So your theory is that this guy isn't a spammer (at this point), but a phisher then?

CDNBear
Yep, that about sums it up nicely.

Ron in Regina
So eventually the guy would end up with lists of phone numbers of lonely, rejected
Singles (hopefully Singles ). What would the spam look like when he sells the list to
spammers?

Ron in Regina

YouTube - Eddie Murphy on Lowered Expectations

YouTube - Lowered Expectations

petros
to quote Eddie: "I want a woman who can crush nuts, like walnuts"

Thanks to texting people now have those giant thumbs capable of "crushing walnuts".

How long before thumb stress injuries flood the health system?

Saying "get a grip" has no meaning anymore does it?

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

So your theory is that this guy isn't a spammer (at this point), but a phisher then?

Only lonelier. It's a clever idea and I am sure that with consistant excerted effort he would find someone as lonely as he who would choose to give this weird guy a chance.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

Only lonelier. It's a clever idea and I am sure that with consistant excerted effort he would find someone as lonely as he who would choose to give this weird guy a chance.

Would everything have been different if Eva Braun had texting?

Liberalman
Petros

Harper is nothing like Hitler and I will not stand for you degrading my prime minister like this Harper is a man of honour and integrety and a person that tries to do what is right.

Hitler was a muderer and a tyrant.

Compared to Hitler Harper is Jesus

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

Petros

Harper is nothing like Hitler and I will not stand for you degrading my prime minister like this Harper is a man of honour and integrety and a person that tries to do what is right.

Hitler was a muderer and a tyrant.

Compared to Hitler Harper is Jesus

Nice dismount.

Time to set that bottle down son.