Edmonton's weather, we got it...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm not sure who to report this to, but we are getting a dump of snow. This weather would better suit Edmonton or Regina........Certainly not Nanaimo. If the authorities could just look into this, I would very much appreciate it......Thank you..;-):roll:

Reactions: karrie

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We're up to a couple inches and it doesn't look like it will stop any time soon. I know those people in Edmonton and Regina will have a hard time generating a lot of sympathy for us but our weather is usually more civilized.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
#juan, check this out....it might make you appresiate the snow you're getting...

Nanaimo 2wk forcast of daily HIGH Temperatures. Notice how
the line actually stays on the Graph...

Regina 2wk forcast of daily HIGH Temperatures. Now add a
Prairie wind to that and....my Dogs will get a couple days of
some pretty short "walks." X'mas will be nice though...

Reactions: Kreskin

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hey Ron
I was born in Moose Jaw and grew up in northern B.C. so I know the kind of weather you get. I was mainly kidding though we usually don't get this kind of stuff so we tend to whine about it when we do....

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Hey Ron
I was born in Moose Jaw and grew up in northern B.C. so I know the kind of weather you get. I was mainly kidding though we usually don't get this kind of stuff so we tend to whine about it when we do....

I was just try'n to cheer ya' up there Big Guy!!! :lol::lol::lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I was just try'n to cheer ya' up there Big Guy!!! :lol::lol::lol:

We ended up yesterday with about three inches when the snow stopped. It's coming down pretty good right now so we'll likely get a few more inches. Much more of this nonsense and I'll have to shovel the damn driveway...........;-):smile:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Right now in Regina it's -27c....and the wind chill takes that to -43c...& it's 5:22pm.
It's going to get colder tonight, over night...

Oh God. That means icicles hanging off your nose if you're out in it too long....And little white patches on your cheeks(face cheeks I mean;-)) That, and the oil in your car has turned to roofing tar...I don't envy that weather..............:roll::smile::lol::lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm not sure who to report this to, but we are getting a dump of snow. This weather would better suit Edmonton or Regina........Certainly not Nanaimo. If the authorities could just look into this, I would very much appreciate it......Thank you..;-):roll:

Hey, I lived on Vancouver Island most of my life, including Nanaimo and snow is not unusual there or at least wasn't years back. I remember living at Shawnigan during the winter of 49-50, the year I was in grade one and we had several feet of snow on the ground. So suck it up and get shoveling.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hey, I lived on Vancouver Island most of my life, including Nanaimo and snow is not unusual there or at least wasn't years back. I remember living at Shawnigan during the winter of 49-50, the year I was in grade one and we had several feet of snow on the ground. So suck it up and get shoveling.

My post was mostly tongue in cheek. We've lived in Nanaimo for about five years now. Before Nanaimo we lived on Gabriola Island for seven years. Nanaimo gets at least a couple snowfalls a year but it usually doesn't stay very long. There was one year on Gabriola when we didn't get snow at all.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If this keeps up I might need to put on a jacket. This isn't fair.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My post was mostly tongue in cheek. We've lived in Nanaimo for about five years now. Before Nanaimo we lived on Gabriola Island for seven years. Nanaimo gets at least a couple snowfalls a year but it usually doesn't stay very long. There was one year on Gabriola when we didn't get snow at all.

Hey, I worked on Gabriola Id. quite a bit, first time was when Dave Barrett had a scheme of moving the ferry terminal there from Departure Bay and then building a bridge across Dodds Narrows (near Harmac Mill) . Never materialized of course. Better cut this short before I get accused of being off topic.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Kreskin

Do I get any more money when I get ten thousand posts?