tell me about where you live, please

izzy

Feb 3, 2008
not where i want to be
i'm at the age where one needs a little safe adventure. i want to get out of this potty called cincinnati ohio, and move to canada for what's left of my life expectancy. at first i did all the traditional stuff--gather the forms, do the 'welcome to canada' sites. that's not what i want. please tell me about where you live and what you like most about it.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Vancouver Island (Campbell River). 30 minutes from the ski hill, 5 minutes (or less) to the ocean, alittle too much rain but mild year round, great hiking trails, 2-rink arena, nice swimming facility, multi-movie theatre complex, show theatre run by Jeff Hyslop, booming retail structure, watch Alaskan cruise ships....

wzy50

Aug 2, 2007
I live in calgary, Alberta

I live in Calgary, Alberta. I love this city. It is the most modernized city I have ever seen in North America. Its facilities are excellent. Roads, bridges, residential buildings, and shopping centers are looking brand new and well designed. If you afford the housing here you will be satisfied with the rest environment.

izzy

Feb 3, 2008
not where i want to be
housing kinda' pricey huh? tell me about the weather, culture, and economy; what's the job market like? zoos? are you native canadian? tell me what you can/want. i'd love to make some contacts. 'develop some friendships along the way. keep in touch and thank you!

Milko

Nominee Member
Mar 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario. Every fourth has asthma, crappy air and town doesn't look very well. But it is close to Toronto, lots of jobs available, many educational facilities. Many people live here due to affordable house prices, something you cannot find in Toronto or places near it. But the town is improving, getting cleaner. Roads are very busy thus very crappy, many holes on your way no matter where you going. Overall I think living conditions would be below average in Hamilton compare to the rest of Canada. That's of course imo.

Captain Canuck

Mar 6, 2008
Toronto
www.teamepic.tv
I live in Toronto, Ontario. If you're a city slicker and enjoy a moderately fast-paced Canadian beat, this may be the place for you. If you're lucky enough to live downtown, the public transportation can get you almost anywhere (although with a few delays from time to time). I am originally from B.C. however and would have to say that if I had the choice, that is where I would spend the rest of my days. Although, come prepared with your rain gear!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Vancouver Island, Courtenay (Comox Valley), which takes up both courtenay and comox.
Small town atmosphere, although growing leaps and bounds, we now have super airport
which is very busy and can take you almost anywhere you want to go, some flights direct and some via vancouver.

Mount Washington ski hill close by, ocean all around us, comox lake close by, great fishing either fresh or salt water. Lots of cultural events and lots of artists/spinners/weavers/and
wonderful first nations art as well.

Good Kayaking clubs and sailing clubs, lots of golf, two ice rinks, and three pools.

I grew up in New Westminster on the west coast mainland, lived in that area till 1980 when
we came to the island, I love it here, and will never leave.

Some say they wouldn't be 'stuck' on an island, well, this island is huge, and has everything and there is no need to take ferries to the mainland, unless you want to see the canucks
play or some other event which is only there.

You can travel to Port Hardy and take a ferry to Prince Rupert and travel all over northern
b.c., which we have done, and it was great.

Weather is moderate, can golf year round most of the time.

Great for bringing up kids, lots of sports and other activities for them, and good youth
center and recreation hall.

Many mountain bike trails, we have some of the best mountain biking in the world.
Great hiking trails all over the mountains, all set up for enjoyable walking or tough
hiking.

It's about a 21/2 to 3 hr. drive to Victoria, which is a nice getaway for a week end, a
beautiful city indeed, but a little more expensive to live and buy property than here.