German engineer is looking for work in Alberta

schnuper

Jan 8, 2008
Hello everybody from Germany,

I would like to ask you some questions. I know, a lot of has been written here yet, but I have no concrete clue at the moment... First of all I would like to shortly introduce myself:

I am German and 27 years old. I have an engineering degree in process engineering / chemical engineering. At the moment I am finishing another degree that would be translated like Engineering & Business Graduate. I stayed all the time at the university with a little interruption of 4 month (project managment experience), so I would consider me a rookie ;-)

So my first question is: Do Canadian employers support Germans to work in Alberta, Fort McMurray, Calgary or Edmonton? I know I am allowed to work in Canada for only one year, after that time I have to go back if there is no support...

My second question is about the salary. What can I earn with these two degrees written above under consideration of my low working experience? Is there any chance at all starting in Canada without experience? I read a number that the salary could be up to 200k CAD$, but I cannot believe that. Thank you for answers.

Bye, schnuper!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Shnuper

You shouldn't have any problem getting hired. The rest is up to you and your abilities......Good Luck