Looking at immigrating to Calgary

certainreality

Aug 29, 2007
Hi People,
I am from Trinidad and I am looking to immigrate to Canada, I have considered, Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto. I have heard that the job market in Calgary is good but acommodation is hard to find. My wife is a Registered Nurse and I am a Business System Analyst, can someone advice me if we will have good prospects in finding a job.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Hi People,
I am from Trinidad and I am looking to immigrate to Canada, I have considered, Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto. I have heard that the job market in Calgary is good but acommodation is hard to find. My wife is a Registered Nurse and I am a Business System Analyst, can someone advice me if we will have good prospects in finding a job.

I used to live in edmonton, and my landlord was from trinidad. I'd advise against Alberta, sicne although it's easy to find a job you'll end up spending everything you have on rent for a tiny house/apartment. Youd be better off spending more time looking for a job in a place where they are more scarce.

Alberta's cool too, though. it just wouldn't be my first choice.

jjaycee98

Electoral Member
Jan 27, 2006
British Columbia
You might try Regina or Saskatoon. Business should be taking off in Saskatchewan what with the new Government there being more atune to business, they have lots of Oil and less Royalty payments than Alberta. Things are ripe there to take off in the next couple years.

certainreality

Aug 29, 2007
Calgary

I have decided to move to Calgary, I have heard good things and bad things. But I will give it a try, can you all give me some sugguestions on the good areas to live

fraserbirt

Nov 27, 2007
Hi People,

If your wife is a registered nurse, you should definately check out how registered nurses can register to work in alberta. It has information on what she'll have to do to qualify.

mentality

Jul 16, 2007
Hi People,

is it dat bad since pnm came to power that u plan on migrating to this hell place? if u want to free ur self from patrick manning ur better off in toronto, alot of people think the wages are better here but with the high cost of living u can probably do better in toronto and at the same time enjoy life.