For People thinking of moving to Alberta for one of those "Oil Rig", Camp job.

joltek

Jul 12, 2007
For People thinking of moving to Alberta for one of those "Oil Rig", Camp job.

Everybody from all over want to move to Ft. MacMurray hoping to get one of those great paying job on one of those "rigs/camps".

Thousands of people have come to Ft. MacMarray for a few hundreds jobs opening, while ignoring places like Grand Prarries, Drayton Vally and Consort.

My 19yr. old nephew is making $30 dollars an hour in Drayton Vally spraying gray paints on those giant gas pipes .. His paycheck is about $4000.00 a month.

You people shouldn't just moved Ft. MacMurray and expect to be hire, you should do some research on other area around Alberta.

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
your right on the mark there ,I don't know of any "rig camps" in ft mac , only the tarsand pits. the rigs and oil batteries are mostly in the west central Alberta, while the massive camp jobs are in ft.mac and surrounding area. most rig canps are small about 30 to 60 people some times companies pay living allowance of about $125 or more per day for the workers to stay in hotels and eat, compared to the oilsand camps where you get a room and eat in a communal dining hall (think prison, been there done that)but syncrude has a bar in camp that stays open until 10 pm they have reasonable prices and you can get wings too!

Les

kelly

Apr 15, 2008
Hi Does anyone know how I can get in to the camps, I want to either prepare meals or house keeping.

kelly

Apr 15, 2008
Thanks

Thank you and if anyone knows of any names of the camp companies please let me know

kelly

Apr 15, 2008
Thanks

Thanks so much, If you know of anymore please let me know also my Husband is a Electronic engineer tecnoligest he is also looking for a rig job if you know of any with his back ground please let me know. Thanks

Canaduh

Derailing Threads
Mar 7, 2008
Southwest WA
Thanks so much, If you know of anymore please let me know also my Husband is a Electronic engineer tecnoligest he is also looking for a rig job if you know of any with his back ground please let me know. Thanks

Why don't you stop asking for welfare on these forums and start searching google/job sites and call around.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Hey, do what I did. Post your resume on Monster.ca. Sit back for a couple of weeks and wait for the action to start. If you have any skills at all they'll come calling.

jjaycee98

Electoral Member
Jan 27, 2006
British Columbia
Grande Prairie and up to Fort Nelson-ones I know...Shanco-GP-780-539-6601, B & B-High Level-780-926-5040, Moffat's open Camp-780-685-3600, Kledo-FN-250-774-2501,

Jsan

Nominee Member
Apr 6, 2007
Ahhhh camp life, 2 months of summer and 10 months of Hell! I spent a season working in a Northern Alberta camp. In my opinion the pay is not worth it. I would take considerably less pay any day and actually live and work in civilization. Oh yeah and if there are people who are rough around the edges and hard to get along with (Northern camps seem to be full of those types) too bad, you live with them 24/7.