Need advice on renting our home in Okotoks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxanne23

Feb 18, 2007
Hi there! My husband and I bought a home in Okotoks half a year ago with the intentions of moving there this summer. Circumstances changed and we wish to rent this lovely three-year old home out beginning May 1 for one year. We'll then be ready to move our family there (from Ontario). Anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to rent our property to really responsible people? Obviously we want our property to be lived in and well cared for. Thanks for your suggestions--really appreciate your helpful replies!

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Hi there! My husband and I bought a home in Okotoks half a year ago with the intentions of moving there this summer. Circumstances changed and we wish to rent this lovely three-year old home out beginning May 1 for one year. We'll then be ready to move our family there (from Ontario). Anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to rent our property to really responsible people? Obviously we want our property to be lived in and well cared for. Thanks for your suggestions--really appreciate your helpful replies!

Advertise in the Gazette ... the local university faculty newletter/paper. Someone may have friends that are looking for a place ... although it's a bit far for visiting professor. Another place to advertise is the local farm newspaper or Rocky View District 41 News or something like that ... for a responsible local couple looking to start a family or something along those lines. Why not ask the Strathcona Tweedsmuir School to put an add in their local paper. That should attract some responsible people. Short of that, have someone you know in this area rent it for you ... or go to Okotoks for a week and interview tennants. The best time to rent is in late July to start rent in August ... because everyone that is settling in the area for the school year wants to be in before September 1.

Call it an executive home ... need to have at least 3 bathrooms or jacuzzi or a lot of land ... fireplaces, that sort of thing.

Good luck.

Roxanne23

Feb 18, 2007
Thank you so much for your response...your suggestions are very well taken. In fact we've already booked flights (my husband and myself) to be in our Okotoks home for 2 weeks in April to interview prospective tenants. And yes, we will advertise our home as an "Executive Home" as it does have 4 bathrooms, a gorgeous jacuzzi soaker tub in the ensuite with suspended T.V., 2 fireplaces, built-in H.D. flatscreen T.V., granite countertops & under-counter lighting, upgraded carpet, oversize 2-car garage, etc.

We do wish to rent out our Okotoks home beginning May 1 for 12, 13 or maybe even 14 months,
to very responsible people...maybe to folks who are building in the area.

Again, thanks for all your great ideas...we appreciate the time you took to help us!

Status
Not open for further replies.