Info on oil camp jobs

timnonak

Jul 23, 2006
Heading to AB in cpl weeks & really looking for labour jobs on either oil /service rigs or oilfields.
Anybody know of some companies that offer "camp"jobs as i really dont wanna rent starting off.
thx in advance folks

Tim

prairieboy

Nov 13, 2005
Edmonton, AB
re: oilfield jobs

I suggest you get a H2S certificate, from a safety training center. Then apply to Drilling Companies like
Nabors Drilling & Precision Drilling. They are all located in Nisku AB. Send Resume and follow up Every other day. Eventually the Personal Manager will find you a job out on a rig somewhere in Western Canada.
Take warm clothes for winter. Hard hat, 3-pairs of gloves, safety glasses, fire proof coveralls & load of energy.
Ask good questions & listen to your Driller and manager. A lot of oilfield terminology will come at you very quickly absorb it in stride and enjoy. Don't be afraid to get dirty. Plus safety is a big thing , you will have a safety meeting everyday & time to drink your coffee.
You will see a lot of western canada that most people in the city will never see.
Good Luck

Clara Lights

Feb 12, 2007
brother is looking for a job

My brother doesn't have a computer, so I am helping him to look for a job in Alberta, he wants to stay at a camp and find work in excavator, or heavy eqpinment operator, or backhoe operator. Do you know where and what company to look for.
Any help would be apprticed.
Thanking you in advance.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Heading to AB in cpl weeks & really looking for labour jobs on either oil /service rigs or oilfields.
Anybody know of some companies that offer "camp"jobs as i really dont wanna rent starting off.
thx in advance folks

Tim

Right now, you can get on with most rig companies, and if they don't put you up in camp, they'll likely fund your housing for you. You pretty much call all the shots when it comes to employment here. You don't even need your certs ahead of time anymore.... the company will train and outfit you. The only thing that they can't do for you is provide a clean piss test... that's all up to you. : )

Clara Lights

Feb 12, 2007
Do you have any phone numbers for these camps/jobs or any way for me to get ahold of them.
Thanking you in advance .

prairieboy

Nov 13, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Drilling will slow down Second & Third Quarter

I suggest you wait until the third quarter to look for work. Caodc announced they will cut back on the amount of wells to be drilled from 24000 to 18000 wells for 2007. Start to look for work in November 2007.
However you may want to check out Fort Mcmurray (unconventional oil). They mine for oil instead of drilling for it.
Here are a couple of drilling contractors ;
Precision drilling (largest) 403-264-4882
Ensign drilling 780-955-8808
Jade Drilling 780-955-5500
Nabors (big Company) 403-263-6610
Jomax Drilling (The Best, but small 12 Rigs) 403-265-5312
Trinidad (dynamic new player, excellent rigs) 403-265-6525
Lakota 780-980-0616
Tri-City (Doubles, Shallow rigs) 780-955-3311

Good Luck
Prairie Boy:canada:

debbie huntingdon

Mar 19, 2007

I"m writing to find out how I can get a job in camp. My comman in law boy friend works as a iron worker, he stays at camp. So I was hoping to
get a camp job. I worked cleaning houses, and I cleaned A hotel.So can you please write me back and let me know.

Thank You Debbie Huntingdon

debbie huntingdon

Mar 19, 2007
I"m writing to find out how I can get a job in camp. My comman in law boy friend works as a iron worker, he stays at camp. So I was hoping to
get a camp job. I worked cleaning houses, and I cleaned A hotel.So can you please write me back and let me know.

Thank You Debbie Huntingdon

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
thx in advance folks

Tim

Tim its sorta been covered allready.
If you work for a drilling contractor or a servicing outfit and if its camp work then you get a bed in the camp.
If its not you get paid subsistence and stay in a hotel.
Your going to need a place to stay on your off days. Typical drilling rigs working 12 hour shifts work a two week on, one week off schedule. Rigs working 8 hour shifts just work endlessly but never have camps.

James02

May 17, 2007
I suggest you get a H2S certificate, from a safety training center.

Is this mandatory for the oil fields/sands, or do companies not provide you with this training when you start
Also do you have to pass a medical

Eventually the Personal Manager will find you a job out on a rig somewhere in Western Canada.

Is that an oil rig or oil sands

Also what are camp jobs, and what kind of duties do you perform

kelly

Apr 15, 2008
Look for work

Hi I am trying to find out how I can get a job working in the camps. In the oil field. Does anyone out there have any ideas?

sean9l0

Jun 14, 2008
Im a 20 year old highschool grad, no university. Lately ive been thinking of moving out west for about a year to do some work. Im a big guy, strong. Im looking for long hours, good pay and hard work.

Looking over the internet all night i've basically come up with alot of BS. If alberta is so strapt for workers, why is it nearly impossible for me to find opportunity's?

Can anyone out there give me some advice or direction on how to get moving and working in alberta???

I am from Nova Scotia looking to move out. I am unskilled but from friends i've heard they train you. I guess I want entry level work, something deacent tho. Upward of 25$ an hour-ish?

Websites? Links? Company names? Any useful information will be greatly appreciated. Im not fussy on the job, I just want some well earned cash.
Thank you for your time.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Im a 20 year old highschool grad, no university. Lately ive been thinking of moving out west for about a year to do some work. Im a big guy, strong. Im looking for long hours, good pay and hard work.

Looking over the internet all night i've basically come up with alot of BS. If alberta is so strapt for workers, why is it nearly impossible for me to find opportunity's?

Can anyone out there give me some advice or direction on how to get moving and working in alberta???
There's one simple answer dude...

Join the Canadian Armed Forces!!! Army preferably.

honeypot36

Aug 18, 2008
Prince Edward Island
Hi, I need a little info on a camp named Firebag! what kind of camp is it and well I need all the in's and out's. I would like the truth about it...if it is as bad as some have said about drus, hookers, fights , and so on 8O I am concerned and need imput from people that Know. Not from some that heard from someone that knew someone. I have also heard its a great camp..work eat sleep..mabe a card gane or two but not like people say so which is it Good or BAD..:angryfire:

intrepid

Aug 22, 2008
Suncor's Firebag Camp

I found some information on this new work camp currently under construction. It sounds very nice actually with modern ameneities.
http://www.tarponenergy.com/news/tarpon_energy_news012.htm
I'd be interested to know more about this camp also and the types of jobs it caters to. I am a Heavy Equipment Operator with a Class 1 licence from Ontario currently looking for work. If you know of employment that would fit this criteria or more about this camp please share. Thanks!:smile:

candy cane

Oct 7, 2008
Unemployed Welder

Hey people I just got my welding certificate and Im very eager to get my hours so I can become a journeyman and make the big bucks..only thing is there is not much work for an apprentice welder in Nfld :( all the welding positions that come up are taken by Jp's and Advanced so Im gettin screwed lol What I want is a camp job that allows me to come home every few weeks, CNRL is slowing for the winter and aren't doing any hiring..anybody know of any camp jobs that are looking for 1st yr welders with flights home? Thanks

honeypot36

Aug 18, 2008
Prince Edward Island
Hi Candy Cane.....camp jobs are not all they seem to be! If you can land a good camp well your making it big I only know of one camp thats any good and thats Firebag. I know someone that was there and all was good if you want the money then thats the one. The food I heard was great and the work was safe. The person I know is not there now because he worked at rebar and he was Union and they stoped work for some reson. He is now in a camp close to Fort Mac and well its not safe and the food sucks and the living conditions are well not good..so it seems to be a hit and miss. I hope you find what your looking for and well I also hope if you got a girl you can be trusted because the storys are true thats all I will say...But try Firebag its ALL GOOD THERE! no troubles to get into...stay safe!!!!

TRAVELR2

Jun 23, 2009
Heavy equipment operator/driver

Recently completed heavy equipment operator's course (bulldozer) and have class az or class 1 lic. With 25 yrs experience mostly in hauling machinery and oilfield equipment to northern alberta and bc looking for heavy equipment operator employment camp job or otherwise anywhere in western canada or territories anyone have any leads i would appreciate the help.