Fort Mc Murray

cber

Jun 27, 2006
I was wondering if anyone can help me with some information?My husband and I are interested in working in Fort Mc Murray preferrable on camp{living at the work site}My husband works in scaffolding and is a labourer I am just looking for cleaning again hopefully on camp. I would appreciate any help or information on company's ,websites etc .Thank you

GuyIncognito

Jun 13, 2006
South Eastern Ontario
http://jb-ge.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/JobResult_en.asp?qText=(@Meta_CommunityGrouping%20(GAB020))%20and%20@Meta_Student%20NO%20and%20@Meta_InternetFlag%20YES&ProvId=09&ProvIdList=&CommGrouping=GAB020&OrderBy=Date&Keyword=&Student=false

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
This doesn't answer your question but there's unlimited job opportunities throughout alberta. A town like Olds, Brooks, High River, etc. will have about the same wages and less issues over housing and so on. Unskilled work at the packers in High River, for example, starts at 17/hour. Scaffolders will earn about the same to start but with unlimited overtime and can work 24/7 if desired.

Fort Mac is an isolated town. It's not really a place to put down roots but to make money. Most folks coming to Alberta for the first time will clear more if they start off elsewhere or in the oilpatch in remote areas. An unskilled couple coming to Alberta can squirrel away 100,000 after a year if they work hard. A lot more after that once they know the ropes and get some experience in the trades or oilpatch.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
what about a skilled person? athabaska?

I have a PhD in chemistry and i'm moving to fox lake... i assume there wont be much chemistry up there but what would u reccomend i look for in the way of jobs? do u think i'll find one in such a remote place?

jackass

Jul 20, 2006
Try the Cold Lake area .. not insane like Fort Mac but some good plants to work at ...

SaintLucifer

Electoral Member
Jul 10, 2006
I also intend to move to Alberta soon. There is the problem of lodging though. Where would I stay once I arrive in Alberta? My idea is to seek work in Alberta once I arrive there. My company here in Toronto is close to bankruptcy. I doubt we will last so I am preparing to head out to Alberta. Naturally that province would be very lucky to have me.