Alberta Air - bad for Fibromyalgia disease ?

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
I went from B.C. to Alberta last wek for the first time in a year.

Day one was worsening of Fibromyalgia pains.

Day two saw a migraine.

Day three was awfull, and

Day four I had to get the heck outta there!!

Background is that I have a neurologic disease called Fibromyaliga, widely suspected as caused by petrochemical toxins causing a type of brain damage, etc. , where pain and other symptoms is the result. Muscle cramps, headaches, and a severe weak feeling called Chronic Fatigue, are typical in its victims. I am very senisitive to odours, changes in air pressure, etc.

When in Alberta, I saw several flare stacks spewing their mix of chemicals, and of course a weather system blew in [snow on the last day of summer] . I don't know if this was the cause of my severe headache and vomitting and leg cramps I got then, but it seems suspicious.

In B.C., the improvements in my Fibromyalgia symptoms is nothinbg less than miraculuous. I would love it if other Albertans with the dreaded Fibromyalgia find this is the case.

-----

Fibro is a much-maligned diease, people don't accept it as real , often thinking it is nothing more than an attitude problem. This means horrible living conditions socially for the victims. Imagine these victims if it is all true, and perhaps a doctor has not only called him a faker, but he also has to suffer the pain.

THat Happened to me here in BC , and it is crushing utterly crushing, suicidal thoughts abound in that situation. On top of it, she cut me off the morphine that I had been recieving for 15 years in Alberta - what a nightmare trade-off!!! [ withdrawal pain, or more pain, whats your choice? ]

Anyways, I think the weather and toxins make Alberta the worst place of all to live with Fibro.

So, Ralph, Clean up your Party House eh? This link is about Alberta's wealth and emissions:
http://www.straightgoods.ca/ViewFeature5.cfm?REF=430

CamTheCat

Oct 5, 2005
Alberta
jazzauthority.blogspot.com
RE: Alberta Air - bad for

Interesting - My father was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a couple of years ago. He had been back in AB (from B.C. ) for a few years at that point.

My sister in law who's lived in rural alberta - among many farms full of oil wells - also has fibromyalgia.

The doctors here in the valley I live in say that there are way too many kids with athsma, and it's the air.

I can't wait to get back to B.C. but for now, I'm making the best of my time in Alberta.