Calgary police charge parents in malnutrition death of 14-month-old toddler

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Calgary police charge parents in malnutrition death of 14-month-old toddler
By Jenna McMurray, Calgary Sun
First posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 12:37 PM EST | Updated: Saturday, December 13, 2014 01:31 PM EST
Police have charged the parents of a young boy with his death.
On the afternoon of Nov. 28, 2013, the parents of 14-month-old John Clark took him to hospital, but he was declared dead the following day.
An autopsy done Dec. 2013 and further tests revealed the cause of death was related to malnutrition.
Police say after a "long and complex" investigation, the boy's biological parents were arrested Friday.
Jennifer Clark, 38, and Jeromie Clark, 34, of Calgary, are both charged with criminal negligence causing death and failure to provide the necessities of life.
Under the Criminal Code of Canada, it's a legal requirement for a parent or guardian to provide the necessities of life, which include food, shelter, care, and medical attention.
They two accused are scheduled to appear in court Monday.​
jenna.mcmurray@sunmedia.ca
On Twitter: @SUNShawnLogan
Calgary police charge parents in malnutrition death of 14-month-old toddler | Ca

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Andrus said the boy’s family followed a strict dietary regime based on their faith and nutritional beliefs.
He would not go into detail on what the family believed.
The investigation suggests the little boy had not seen a doctor since he was born, said Andrus.

yeah, they should be going into detail about the family belief system

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
yeah, they should be going into detail about the family belief system

No, they shouldn't. Not the police. The courts? Yeah, that's a different story. The public has a right to know about criminal proceedings at trial, most of them anyway, which is why it's open to the public to attend and, as far as I know, proceedings are a matter of public record. But police should only ever give the bare bones. At this point it's not about assessing guilt or innocence, it's about juicy tidbits for the papers, not better than gossip really.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
No, they shouldn't. Not the police. The courts? Yeah, that's a different story. The public has a right to know about criminal proceedings at trial, most of them anyway, which is why it's open to the public to attend and, as far as I know, proceedings are a matter of public record. But police should only ever give the bare bones. At this point it's not about assessing guilt or innocence, it's about juicy tidbits for the papers, not better than gossip really.

you are right, the police should not be commenting on the belief system of the parents...however, don't the press know, it's not like we have journalists any more...more like entertainment reporters, so, I want to know why this baby was starved to death and had failure to thrive

I want to know but actually at this point, it is none of our business because it would absolutely skew my conclusion

although if I say that, my conclusion is already skewed as I am betting Christian Scientist and that is already prejudiced by knowing some

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
you are right, the police should not be commenting on the belief system of the parents...however, don't the press know, it's not like we have journalists any more...more like entertainment reporters, so, I want to know why this baby was starved to death and had failure to thrive

I want to know but actually at this point, it is none of our business because it would absolutely skew my conclusion

although if I say that, my conclusion is already skewed as I am betting Christian Scientist and that is already prejudiced by knowing some

To me, it almost doesn't matter why. A 14 month old child in their parent's custody dies of malnutrition.....parents are to blame. Period, end of story. No reason or excuse would ever make what they did, or didn't do as the case may be, acceptable.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
To me, it almost doesn't matter why. A 14 month old child in their parent's custody dies of malnutrition.....parents are to blame. Period, end of story. No reason or excuse would ever make what they did, or didn't do as the case may be, acceptable.
yeah to me it matters

I know someone who almost died because they kept praying over his gangerous foot

finally she called her lover who came over and assessed his foot...he called the ambulance so her husband wouldn't die...

I like Twain's quote

Christian Scinetists

aren't either

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
yeah to me it matters

I know someone who almost died because they kept praying over his gangerous foot

finally she called her lover who came over and assessed his foot...he called the ambulance so her husband wouldn't die...

I like Twain's quote

Christian Scinetists

aren't either

To me it really only matters if for any other reason it would be acceptable or forgivable. It isn't. It was their responsibility to protect and care for that baby, they didn't do that.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
They also mention nutritional belief..... which could mean vegan but don't let's belabor that aspect of the case...
Much better to bash Christians...Non?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
They also say nutritional belief..... which could mean vegan but don't let's belabor that aspect of the case...
Much better to bash Christians...Non?
bash where ever the bashing deserves buddy and give credit where credit is due...
you obviously know zero about Christian Scientists and yet you defend them so polish them up

they prayed over his foot while he sweated and puked and literally almost rotted to death on the bed

polish that one up

nutritional believe is a big part of Christian Scientists

Mormons too

and anyone else who has a brain

thing is, everything in moderation

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
lmfao..you may know a lot but nothing about me you idiot

I am a meat eater
But you do defend vegans..........and attack anything christian even if christian science is nowhere close to true Christianity...
But do keep ranting....I'm done here...

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
But you do defend vegans..........and attack anything christian even if christian science is nowhere close to true Christianity...
But do keep ranting....I'm done here...
yeah you are partially right...I attack anything Christian which I find to be wrong...I attack anything in society which I believe to be unfair...no shock that you would see that as a rant

and of course you are done here...as soon as you realize you are wrong it's all over and you skulk out

you seldom if EVER discuss the topic...you swoop in make some personal attack against another member and then you f*ck off when the going gets tough

for me you have used up every single piece of grace I could afford you like a few others around here...I now speak my mind when attacked regards of who the azzhat is or whose azz they are sucking on

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I just can't resist pointing out the Hypocrisy of patronizing busybodies like you...
haha...I knew you'd be back, azzhats like you always return for the personal attack and last word

you just can't stop those gums from flapping can you...

here's a tip for you, when you say you are done, STFU you will glean some respect

now

I am done so I won't be back to comment on your next rant...watch and learn...it drives azzhats nuts when you stop yapping and they just CAN'T

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
ya, I see our system is as hypocritical as ever. Natives can with hold live saving medical procedures, but others get thrown in jail for following "their" belief system.