moving to alberta just not sure where....

romo25

Jun 30, 2012
hi everyone I hope you can help me with this, i just recently passed my practical nurse's exam in ontario and I am really considering moving to alberta, i am just not sure where, well calgary is at the top of my list. just for the fact that when i checked out the website for LPN's its the place that offers a lot of full-time positions! I just need advice...

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
hi everyone I hope you can help me with this, i just recently passed my practical nurse's exam in ontario and I am really considering moving to alberta, i am just not sure where, well calgary is at the top of my list. just for the fact that when i checked out the website for LPN's its the place that offers a lot of full-time positions! I just need advice...

Nothing wrong with Calgary if you can stand huge cities! Depends too on how you like to spend your time away from work. Lots of smaller cities too that are all right like Red Deer, Grande Prairie, Lethbridge.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
If you come from a city then head to Calgary and forget small town life.

BTW Calgary is in no way a huge city-that is bunk-but it does have decent air connections to a lot of places-which is very important.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If you come from a city then head to Calgary and forget small town life.

BTW Calgary is in no way a huge city-that is bunk-but it does have decent air connections to a lot of places-which is very important.

1.2 million ain't no hick town! :smile:

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle

Well i wish you luck but no advice, as an anonymous internet poster i am omnipotent but might lie to you;-)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Oh you'll love Alberta, it's the new centre of the known universe. Not to mention, environmentally, it's the cleanest place on earth. No one has died from any of the resource exploitation. Every thing's just awesome in Alberta!

Do they really need Nurses?

The Yukon may be a better choice. I hear they're all packin' heat up there. With all that gun play. That might be a better choice.

Last edited:

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Edmonton-big and busy
Calgary-not as big but very busy also
Lethbridge-Nice smaller city,lots of health care work there.
Fort Macmurray-Will be bigger then Lethbridge soon,boom town,very insane right now.

Saskatchewan is also booming.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Up here we just stick our tongues on light posts during warm weather! :lol:

Me too, snow shovels use less electriciy than pumps! :lol:

Pumps work while you are sitting around with a beer watching the races. Hard to make a shovel work just by watching unless you got a teenager attached. Even then it won't work well.