Looking for info about the reality of the Logistics job market in Alberta

MMP

May 14, 2012

Hi everyone,

I found this web site while searching for insights fromimmigrants, particularly Quebec residents, who have moved to Alberta.

My quest lead me to a post from someone who (I believe) had the same concerns about deciding if it would be worth to move from Montreal to Calgary; I thought it would be interesting to have his views if he finally made the movement.

I never received an answer from this person (probably he is no longer in the forum); still I think it was a good idea to get in here during the last week and peruse some of the threads, where I have found not only useful information for my relocation project but a fruitful and interesting interchange in many other areas and funny stories as well :) That is why I decided to start this “conversation” with the hope to find people working, planning a career or enrolled in a Logistics designation program, but more importantly, willing to get in touch and share information about the reality of the job market and trends on this field in Alberta.

Is it in reality the strong, growing sector lacking of qualified workforce that is portrayed in some Government reports?

Any comment, opinion or advice will be well received and appreciated…Thanks for reading!!