Any moving company from Edmonton to Calagary?

Eisha

Mar 24, 2012
Hello

My parents are moving from Edmonton to Calgary. Would you please recommend any moving company/ any suggestions? There are so many moving companies and its hard to select one. I wonder if someone has any personal experience of any moving company and like/ dislike it. Thank you for your reponse in advance.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
One from the yellow pages who also give references or I could do it once I find some stolen plates. You choice but my rate will always be a dollar or so cheaper.

When I move my parents they are in the back of a U-haul, but then they have both been cremated.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Hello

My parents are moving from Edmonton to Calgary. Would you please recommend any moving company/ any suggestions? There are so many moving companies and its hard to select one. I wonder if someone has any personal experience of any moving company and like/ dislike it. Thank you for your reponse in advance.

Be careful as there are lots of scammers out there that hit you with a large bill on arrival that if unpaid they refuse to unload.
Check the BBB

Also google the company - Tons of info on bad companies. Ask others who they used.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
You aren't moving them to a different province, or a different country.
It's a three hour trip. Pick the cheapest one that is still bonded and
insured.

Now (just like everybody else), make a pot of coffee, get a clean
ashtray, a phonebook, a pen, paper, etc....and start calling. I'd
hate to see the O.P. attract some dirty spammer for a
moving company.

Eisha

Mar 24, 2012
I have called a few moving companies and got some quotes, which are not much different (probably +/- $200). The question is how I know they are right people to deal with. We have some bad experiences in the past and don't want to repeat that. Every company has a complain at BBB. I just want to know if someone has dealt with any company and would recommend it to use. Thank you.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Ask the insurance company that has their stuff insured for damage, theft, etc. to recommend a mover.

Making it a family affair and going with a self-propelled U-Haul type of truck is the least (best??) hassle free way to move, and the cheapest.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I have called a few moving companies and got some quotes, which are not much different (probably +/- $200). The question is how I know they are right people to deal with. We have some bad experiences in the past and don't want to repeat that. Every company has a complain at BBB. I just want to know if someone has dealt with any company and would recommend it to use. Thank you.

Are they Bonded & Insured? If something goes missing or is damaged,
will it be replaced? Every company has a complaint at the BBB (?), but
if company "A" has two....& company "B" has twenty-two complaints....
that could be a clue.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
My buddy sent his motorbike home to New Brunswick in a crate,they packed it wrong and it got damaged big time when the crate fell apart,so it has been a year and he's still fighting with this moving company on who's going to pay for the damage.