• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rauly

Time Out
Nov 12, 2011
iceland
hi every one i am a Caribbean guy who is living in montreal quebec for 3 years now and in looking to move to alberta with my partner and baby .i have a diploma in professional cooking and whould like info on places where i can live i am looking for reasonable rent and i am looking for a camp cook position and i have heard that there are some companies that will help you relocate can any body give me some info of any place like that will be very grateful i really love the west and so excited to get some feed back thanks

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
To relocate to Alberia, just head west from Quebec and when you bump into the Rocky mountains, head north until you run into a huge patch of stinking black sand. Should be lots a jobs available but you better brush up on your Newfie.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
To relocate to Alberia, just head west from Quebec and when you bump into the Rocky mountains, head north until you run into a huge patch of stinking black sand. Should be lots a jobs available but you better brush up on your Newfie.

The Newfies will be bugging out in about 6-7 weeks (that whole infrastructure for the
boats....$25 billion thing) so there will be even more job openings right after Christmas.
I'm being serious too. BTW Man, Welcome to the Forum.

You can live in Calgary or Edmonton, or elsewhere, and still working the camps up north,
where you are flown in and out on your rotation. You ever watch "Ice Road Truckers"????
Where do you think they're hauling stuff to?

Loic19, Welcome to the Forum also!

Last edited:

rauly

Time Out
Nov 12, 2011
iceland
thanks bud if u know any company looking for cooks let me know but i need a place to stay with my family b4 i move

rauly

Time Out
Nov 12, 2011
iceland
well i live in edmonton when i first came to canada nad i love it there it is clost to the mountains and i love the big mall there

rauly

Time Out
Nov 12, 2011
iceland
immigration reasons but next year i will be citizen so i can move back but i dont have friends in alberta that why i need help

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
thanks bud if u know any company looking for cooks let me know but i need a place to stay with my family b4 i move

I'm with a small Gravel outfit now and am out'a the loop, but others on this
site (but not online at this time) are in the know on the subject.

I've lived in an oil exploration camp way back when in the early '90's with
2 weeks in and one week out, and it's tough on the home life. If it's not
rock solid, it might not be the healthiest thing for your family.

Now I live in a bunkhouse weekdays with 2-5 other guys and am home
on the weekends (& holidays) most weeks....and that's more than enough
time away from home for me.

There are logging camps in BC, and exploration camps through the four
Western Provinces, and mining camps though the same four Provinces.
I was referring to the Territories in my first post in your Thread. Lots of
Mining camps up there too.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Do you do more than just cook? I know of a golf course in a small town that is looking for somebody to manage the kitchen.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
but i am looking for a cook position any places need s cooks

I'm working in S.E. Saskatchewan close enough to find hot Bar food in small
towns weeknights, so we don't need a cook ourselves at this point in time.

Keep checking back. Members come to play here when time permits. Guys
in camps can be gone for weeks at a time before they are out and can come
to play on the Forum and find your Thread.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
well i can do that but dont know how much experience they need

That may not be an issue as there is a committee that oversees the kitchen and can help. It would really depend on who else applies and what they bring to the table. The town is about 2000 people and is a pretty decent place to live (and relatively cheap)

Status
Not open for further replies.