Working as a server in Edmonton

eval

Nov 2, 2011
I am planning on moving to edmonton for a few years for school, currently living in vancouver. I was hoping to find out how edmonton is with server jobs and what kind of tips to expect. I am 18 year old female. many of my friends tell me u can bring in bigger tips in edmonton for some reason. if anyone has anything to say please do! thankss!

Vaessen

Nominee Member
Oct 30, 2011
I am planning on moving to edmonton for a few years for school, currently living in vancouver. I was hoping to find out how edmonton is with server jobs and what kind of tips to expect. I am 18 year old female. many of my friends tell me u can bring in bigger tips in edmonton for some reason. if anyone has anything to say please do! thankss!

You can expect to do quite well. Edmonton has a surprisingly great restaurant scene. The Koutouki taverna being my favourite restaurant there. If you get on at a classier establishment you'll make big tips. There is a reasonable amount of money there and the people are mostly blue collar, but with bucks. that usually means good tips although the cost of living is higher than it should be, you should be used to that form Vancouver.

You have many options. Whyte Ave. is a nice scene where you'd make some good bucks. The West Ed has it's share of restaurants and tourists always spend, and tip. Then of course you have all the chains. Wetsern Canadians, prairie folk, love the Keg. You'd do well there even if you suck, lol

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If you're concerned with the size of your tips look in the Jasper Ave area, look at getting on with the more unique restaurants like the Manor Cafe. Jasper Ave has a lot of nice little restaurants, and a bit higher end clientele. And fewer hipster college students than Whyte Ave.