USA vs Canada Medal Game

Kreskin
#1
These games have a tendency to be unpredictable. All that firepower out there and it could just as easily end up a tight 2-1 defensive struggle. Those who end up heroes are often least expected.

Some say tickets are going for as high as $5K. It will be the most watched television event in Canadian history.

Luongo will need the game of his life. Not sure if he's at the level but he has one chance to create a legacy. He's usually good for a cheesy goal or two but this game might not have room for them.

Miller will need the game of his life too.

So, anyone going to watch the game?
 
El Barto
#2
Fingers crossed and beer and chips stacked
All i need is a little canadian flag to wave but i think the cat will want me to play her .
 
critter171
#3
i don't think your going need a game of life from each side, all they need to do is play there all.
 
Risus
#4
I think team Canada is doomed: Don Cherry predicted a 5-3 win for them.
 
Cannuck
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

So, anyone going to watch the game?

As Joe Sakic said, "What game"?
 
Spade
#6
Watch: YouTube - Hitler hears of the Canada-USA game - Mixx (external - login to view)
 
wulfie68
#7
I'm all set here.

I'll be surprised if either team outright dominates (like we did in Salt Lake) but I think we have the edge. We have more elite talent at forward and defense, although their D for this tourney is probably a little more physical and that can be telling on a NHL-sized ice surface. I don't like to say anyone has an edge over us in net with Luongo there, but Miller is another elite goaltender and is probably the USA's MVP at this point because of the way he has played in this tournament.
 
talloola
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

These games have a tendency to be unpredictable. All that firepower out there and it could just as easily end up a tight 2-1 defensive struggle. Those who end up heroes are often least expected.

Some say tickets are going for as high as $5K. It will be the most watched television event in Canadian history.

Luongo will need the game of his life. Not sure if he's at the level but he has one chance to create a legacy. He's usually good for a cheesy goal or two but this game might not have room for them.

Miller will need the game of his life too.

So, anyone going to watch the game?

absolutely

how these games get started in the first 10 minutes or so
can have a big affect on the outcome, eg. finland and the
u.s.a., as finland self destructed in the first 10 minutes
of that game, kiprisoff was all done, completely unwound,
and end of period was 6-0, no more score after that, but
damage was done very early, made u.s. look good, but
finland did it to themselves, and could not snap out of it.

I don't think luongo will have to 'win' this game for canada, defense is so good, but will have to come up
big now and then, and do his part, just like all of
the players, no one can take this one off, they must
be at their best, same with the u.s.
 
Kreskin
#9
I predict the game will be similar to the Slovak game. Someone will have a couple goal lead going into the third then they'll go into prevent defense and slow the game down.
 
Johnnny
#10
we beat the best power play and penalty kill, and i believe we got our **** straight enough to beat miller tonight, no broduer style tonight,
 
critter171
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

we beat the best power play and penalty kill, and i believe we got our **** straight enough to beat miller tonight, no broduer style tonight,

but jus cause you beat the best power play does not grantee you will this time. just cause usa won last time does not grauntee them anything. but teams seem to improve.

I think its just going to come down to overtime. I am going to say usa wins. upsets you guys. don't worry you can still drink.
 
Avro
#12
This game makes me nervous only because of Miller vs Luongo.
 
Mowich
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

These games have a tendency to be unpredictable. All that firepower out there and it could just as easily end up a tight 2-1 defensive struggle. Those who end up heroes are often least expected.

Some say tickets are going for as high as $5K. It will be the most watched television event in Canadian history.

Luongo will need the game of his life. Not sure if he's at the level but he has one chance to create a legacy. He's usually good for a cheesy goal or two but this game might not have room for them.

Miller will need the game of his life too.

So, anyone going to watch the game?

Are you kidding?????????? Of course I will be watching 'The Game', wouldn't miss it for the world and I am more of a football/curling fan than a hockey fan. GO, CANADA, GO. Just do your best guys. We are with you all the way.
 
Avro
#14
Look at this for the next four years.....


Uncle Brian wants gold in OUR game.
The U.S. kicked Canada's butt at the world juniors.
They beat us in the preliminary round of the Games.
The Americans are 5-0 in the tournament.
Ryan Miller has a GAA of 1.04 and a save percentage of 94.7.
Everyone thought the dream final would be Canada - Russia.
But despite the absence of Alexander Ovechkin and the Ghosts of '72, this one shapes up as a classic
 
#juan
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

Look at this for the next four years.....

Knowing how well Toronto is doing under his tutelage, should we really worry about this dolt?
 
critter171
#16
Good luck for both, i hope usa, wins but if Canada wins congrats to them. but if usa wins congrats on a good game by canada congrats to usa.

there i covered both teams

who has more pressure?
 
Ron in Regina
#17
Seconds to go & it's tied up!!! Sounds like O.T.
 
critter171
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Seconds to go & it's tied up!!! Sounds like O.T.

I called it so far
 
gerryh
#19
and Canada wins the GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
El Barto
#20
Crosby scores !!!!!!
 
Johnnny
#21
CEST LA BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

take taht critter,
 
Johnnny
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by critter171View Post

but jus cause you beat the best power play does not grantee you will this time. just cause usa won last time does not grauntee them anything. but teams seem to improve.

I think its just going to come down to overtime. I am going to say usa wins. upsets you guys. don't worry you can still drink.

sure it does we beat them and we beat you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i have to study for my calculus test on tuesday
 
Curiosity
#23
WOW!!!

The right team won that game! Well done Canada!!!
 
Johnnny
#24
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
gerryh
#25
lookin at the americans..... you'd think that their mothers had just been shot rather than just having won a silver medal in the Olympics.
 
Ron in Regina
#26
Wow....THAT was a close Game.
 
Kakato
#27
Awesome game!!!!!!

Let the party begin!!!!!
 
Johnnny
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by KakatoView Post

Awesome game!!!!!!

Let the party begin!!!!!

party i have a calculus test to study for on tuesday, but thats ok i know my derviatives
 
Johnnny
#29
yeaaaaaaaaa even the immigrants are cheering, thats the canadians spirit i want to see
 
critter171
#30
I was going be nice and congrats you guys now your just being show offs. so in till you mature i won't.
 

Similar Threads

0
Team Canada wins second straight gold medal
by Vincent_2002 | May 10th, 2004
no new posts