USA vs Canada Medal Game

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
These games have a tendency to be unpredictable. All that firepower out there and it could just as easily end up a tight 2-1 defensive struggle. Those who end up heroes are often least expected.

Some say tickets are going for as high as $5K. It will be the most watched television event in Canadian history.

Luongo will need the game of his life. Not sure if he's at the level but he has one chance to create a legacy. He's usually good for a cheesy goal or two but this game might not have room for them.

Miller will need the game of his life too.

So, anyone going to watch the game?

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Fingers crossed and beer and chips stacked ;)
All i need is a little canadian flag to wave but i think the cat will want me to play her .

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I'm all set here.

I'll be surprised if either team outright dominates (like we did in Salt Lake) but I think we have the edge. We have more elite talent at forward and defense, although their D for this tourney is probably a little more physical and that can be telling on a NHL-sized ice surface. I don't like to say anyone has an edge over us in net with Luongo there, but Miller is another elite goaltender and is probably the USA's MVP at this point because of the way he has played in this tournament.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
These games have a tendency to be unpredictable. All that firepower out there and it could just as easily end up a tight 2-1 defensive struggle. Those who end up heroes are often least expected.

Some say tickets are going for as high as $5K. It will be the most watched television event in Canadian history.

Luongo will need the game of his life. Not sure if he's at the level but he has one chance to create a legacy. He's usually good for a cheesy goal or two but this game might not have room for them.

absolutely

how these games get started in the first 10 minutes or so
can have a big affect on the outcome, eg. finland and the
u.s.a., as finland self destructed in the first 10 minutes
of that game, kiprisoff was all done, completely unwound,
and end of period was 6-0, no more score after that, but
damage was done very early, made u.s. look good, but
finland did it to themselves, and could not snap out of it.

I don't think luongo will have to 'win' this game for canada, defense is so good, but will have to come up
big now and then, and do his part, just like all of
the players, no one can take this one off, they must
be at their best, same with the u.s.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I predict the game will be similar to the Slovak game. Someone will have a couple goal lead going into the third then they'll go into prevent defense and slow the game down.

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
we beat the best power play and penalty kill, and i believe we got our **** straight enough to beat miller tonight, no broduer style tonight,

but jus cause you beat the best power play does not grantee you will this time. just cause usa won last time does not grauntee them anything. but teams seem to improve.

I think its just going to come down to overtime. I am going to say usa wins. upsets you guys. don't worry you can still drink.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Are you kidding?????????? Of course I will be watching 'The Game', wouldn't miss it for the world and I am more of a football/curling fan than a hockey fan. GO, CANADA, GO. Just do your best guys. We are with you all the way. :canada::canada:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Look at this for the next four years.....

Uncle Brian wants gold in OUR game.
The U.S. kicked Canada's butt at the world juniors.
They beat us in the preliminary round of the Games.
The Americans are 5-0 in the tournament.
Ryan Miller has a GAA of 1.04 and a save percentage of 94.7.
Everyone thought the dream final would be Canada - Russia.
But despite the absence of Alexander Ovechkin and the Ghosts of '72, this one shapes up as a classic

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
Good luck for both, i hope usa, wins but if Canada wins congrats to them. but if usa wins congrats on a good game by canada congrats to usa.

there i covered both teams ;)

who has more pressure?