Full credit to the Slovaks

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
They played a helluva game. It was good for canada to be tested with good team effort from their opponent.

Can't wait for the gold game.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
What a game!!!

I hope the Yank coaches scout it out real well to find any weaknesses so that we can have a better chance of winning. This is going to be a great match on Sunday.

I'm wondering what special type of dinner I'm going to make for myself. It's got to a goody, that's for sure. :smile:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
It was a great game with the last few seconds being very tense. Didn't know whether or not to watch the clock or the game!!!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I think the team started watching the clock way too early and forgot a pretty good team was still playing.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I think the team started watching the clock way too early and forgot a pretty good team was still playing.

exactly, canada stopped pressing, started cruising, just
shooting the puck out of their own end, or just shooting
it in slovak end, came back to bite them in the butt.
Luongo let in one he should have had, but it was the
defence who really 'screwed' up near the end.
Just goes to show you, you have to keep pressing and pushing
for offence, as slovakia has a good team, better than the
russians, they beat the russians.
good on canada, they hung on at the end, although did you
see the little save that luongo made on dimetra right
at the end, just off of his pad and out the other side.

GO CANADA GO

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Great game! My little buddy the Beetroot (Halak) played well as usual....if the Slovaks had two periods like that one......YIKES!

Canada better not play this way against the Americans.

Btw, when are Crosby and Thorton gonna play?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
They played a helluva game. It was good for canada to be tested with good team effort from their opponent.

Can't wait for the gold game.

Well they played a hell of final 10 minutes that's for sure - in a very short time Canada went from having a distinct chance at winning gold to a distinct chance of winning nothing.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
That was a crazy game, the end was the crazy part. At first it seemed after the jitters canada got skaiting good then in the end almost lost control lol... Those slavs played a great game, almost scared me lol...

Btw, when are Crosby and Thorton gonna play?

thorton had that pretty cool pass at the beginning lol

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I agree but Luongo - for as great as he is - sometimes seems to ease up on his guard when they are two points ahead and there are times when they seem to lose because of it. He did save them tonight but it was a little too close. I hope they don't get over confident tomorrow.