Russian Olympic hockey cowards

Kreskin
Read some of the nonsense coming out of Russia; a country that put a team of scared cowards on the ice.

T
Quote:

he next Winter Olympics is shaping up as a Cold War-style battle between Canada and Russia after a blistering editorial in Pravda labeled us as a nation of cowardly, incompetent war criminals.

Russia whines about 'cowardly' Canada - Vancouver 2010 Olympics - thestar.com

Johnnny
Russians are pussies, when i worked in russia the crew i was with outworked the entire camp. When everyone was staying inside because of super heavy rains, we went out and cut lines lol, just as a small example...

Did you know an average work day for the Russians includes a half hour break at 10, an hour lunch at noon, an another HOUR break at two o clock to finish the work day around 4 lol..... A bunch of wimps if you ask me... I was lucky to get 15 minutes to eat my lunch lol

Kreskin
I didn't know that. It doesn't surprise me Johnny. Definitely a country of sissies and girlie-men.

Kreskin
Where was that mouthpiece Ovetchkin? I barely noticed the vodka-leaguer.

Risus
It just sounds like a bunch of sore losers to me. Let them whine, we have some good Canadian chedder we can send them to go along with it.

talloola
They made a point of sending those KHL players to prove to
the north americans that their hockey program is as strong
as the NHL, well, BIG MISTAKE, those KHL ers are like our
AHL level, and there are other russians in the NHL they
could have chosen, but they are too stubborn, and what
they were trying to prove, fizzled and died a sorry death.

And their coaching is not NHL level either, they were not
flexible on the bench, could not adjust their game as things
didn't work, just kept doing same ole same ole, and just let
their team continue making mistake after mistake, without guiding
them on to other strategies.

Ogu
Gents, let's remember something. We're Canadian. We don't need to stoop to vexacious responses to their commments, whether they are inflamatory lies or not. Why?
Because we're CANADIAN - and that says it all.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

Russians are pussies, when i worked in russia the crew i was with outworked the entire camp. When everyone was staying inside because of super heavy rains, we went out and cut lines lol, just as a small example...

Did you know an average work day for the Russians includes a half hour break at 10, an hour lunch at noon, an another HOUR break at two o clock to finish the work day around 4 lol..... A bunch of wimps if you ask me... I was lucky to get 15 minutes to eat my lunch lol

Really?

Having also worked in Russia. I was quite impressed with the work ethics of those I had the pleasure of working with. Courteous, gracious, hospitable, polite, hard working and always willing to throw their backs in when and where needed.

Perhaps it was just the fact that I was working with miners.

Johnnny
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Really?

Having also worked in Russia. I was quite impressed with the work ethics of those I had the pleasure of working with. Courteous, gracious, hospitable, polite, hard working and always willing to throw their backs in when and where needed.

Perhaps it was just the fact that I was working with miners.

I was west of Okhutsk, in the Far east

yea, i remember being out in the bush and say we finished early, we would radio the base at 2 for a pickup, never got a reply till 3.... We asked them if there radio was broken and they said no it was break time, lol....

We said WTF, and all they said is that its the norm for them...

Also too the russians they had working for our group where whiners, they always sat around smoked there cigarettes, complained i was too hyper, listened to their prison music, and whenever it rained they refused to work. We had to threaten to take their bonuses away to get them to work that day

www.livingabroad.com/anne_dea...s/Russia07.pdf (external - login to view)
Quote:

A business meeting would begin typically at 9:00 a.m. around a
conference table arranged with beverages and pastries. Talks break for
lunch at 1:00 p.m.--this break could last until mid-afternoon

we werent at business meetinsg either

CDNBear

I was west of Okhutsk, in the Far east

yea, i remember being out in the bush and say we finished early, we would radio the base at 2 for a pickup, never got a reply till 3.... We asked them if there radio was broken and they said no it was break time, lol....

We said WTF, and all they said is that its the norm for them...

Also too the russians they had working for our group where whiners, they always sat around smoked there cigarettes, complained i was too hyper, listened to their prison music, and whenever it rained they refused to work. We had to threaten to take their bonuses away to get them to work that day

www.livingabroad.com/anne_dea...s/Russia07.pdf (external - login to view)

we werent at business meetinsg either

I guess it takes all kinds to make the world spin round. But I certainly would say that was a the stuff to make a sweeping indictment of the Russian working class.

Johnnny
I know its a sweeping generalization, but their just as guilty of it... If they want to pick at us canadians in their paper, ill pick at them here so we know they arent the juggernauts they used to be

CDNBear

I know its a sweeping generalization, but their just as guilty of it... If they want to pick at us canadians in their paper, ill pick at them here so we know they arent the juggernauts they used to be

I hear you.

Avro
The guy that wrote the editorial is a Brit....you know how they feel about us and the Olympics.

This has little to do with Russia and more to do with the limp wristed arsholes with bad teeth.

Time to have our own tea party.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

Time to have our own tea party.

Count me in, I cover your 6 with a Tomahawk, lol

Avro
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Count me in, I cover your 6 with a Tomahawk, lol

Okay and I'll just annoy them to death.

critter171
the only time Russia will be happy if the summer/winter Olympics in there on country.

Machjo
Wow, a few Russians act childish, and we get all mad about it. Looks like we're not much better. So what if they whine. Let them whine and don't whine back.

Trex

As CDN Bear already said: really?

I too worked with the Russians for years.
First off I have been flying in their beat up, leaky old Aeroflot planes and choppers for about a decade.
They may be drunks and they may be pretty rough and crude.
But they are not pussies.

I also spent a while in Kaliningrad working with a bunch of them on their construction projects as well as on their ships in the Baltic.
A pretty rough,tough bunch all in all.
No blood, no foul.
A bunch of the older guys were ex Afghanistan vets.
Some of them where indeed lazy: Its that old communist thing: "They pretend to pay me, I pretend to work".
No pussies that I saw.

Offhand I would say that they are at least as rough and ready as Canadians or Americans.

Trex

Johnnny
hey trex

Yep, i was in the eastern end of russia, so mabye thats why... But yea they were lazy and they shyed away from work in the rain.... Its like they were made of sugar
Quote:

Some of them where indeed lazy: Its that old communist thing: "They pretend to pay me, I pretend to work"

the places i was at still had advertising for the communists, saying join the army and stuff. They were in that mentality for sure...lots of soviet propoganda

catman
Putin skipped the closing ceremonies because he was so upset.

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

.......their coaching is not NHL level either, they were not
flexible on the bench, could not adjust their game as things
didn't work, just kept doing same ole same ole, and just let
their team continue making mistake after mistake, without guiding
them on to other strategies.

Very much agree innovation in terms of line combinations isn't in the cards with those guys.

Quote: Originally Posted by catmanView Post

Putin skipped the closing ceremonies because he was so upset.

He's a notorious bully and bullies aren't good sportsmen.

I note the Russian coach was quoted as saying "In order to win our Generals must play like Soldiers" I suppose that says it all.

damngrumpy
The Russians are to be pitied. Of all nations they should be the most silent.
This country went from being a super power to an ignored back water in a
generation. They no longer have the pick of the litter as it were for so many
hockey players from the far reaches of the empire are now playing for their
own national teams. The Russians have skill, they have a plan they even have
professional methods of training. The problem is, the team I saw had no real
heart and that was the difference. In fact the Russians were and are in shock
they want to win like we do and when they don't there has to be a reason
other than themselves that is what is too bad

Johnnny
Apparently Medved whatever his name is the president is asking everyone who trained their winter Olympians to step down and resign voluntarily or he will fire them himself lol....

LONG gone are the days of Ivan Drago

wulfie68
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

The Russians are to be pitied. Of all nations they should be the most silent.
This country went from being a super power to an ignored back water in a
generation. They no longer have the pick of the litter as it were for so many
hockey players from the far reaches of the empire are now playing for their
own national teams. The Russians have skill, they have a plan they even have
professional methods of training. The problem is, the team I saw had no real
heart and that was the difference. In fact the Russians were and are in shock
they want to win like we do and when they don't there has to be a reason
other than themselves that is what is too bad

The Russians seemed to be trying to make a statement about the quality of the KHL with their team make up and staff. They have some good players and knowledgeable people over there but one of the things this tournament (inadvertently) demonstrated is the quality of the NHL compared to the KHL. One of the glaring examples was the coaching in the Canada-Russia game, where the coach refused to pull Nabokov until it was far too late. There's no saying Bryzgalov would have been able to salvage the win but there seemed to be no flexibility in the coaching staff, when it came to deviating from their plan, even after it was failing.

EagleSmack
Well you can say one thing, I bet the Russians are happy it is not 1936.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Well you can say one thing, I bet the Russians are happy it is not 1936.

Well, the hockey team might have played with a little more determination knowing they would be going to the gulag courtesy of Stalin if they ended up in the loss column.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Well, the hockey team might have played with a little more determination knowing they would be going to the gulag courtesy of Stalin if they ended up in the loss column.

Gulag? I was thinking they would have been "purged" from the roster.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Gulag? I was thinking they would have been "purged" from the roster.

That too, depending on Joe's mood.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

That too, depending on Joe's mood.

I'm sure some would have survived, but for sure Uncle Joe would have purged a few of them.

DurkaDurka
I do think the Russian 2 line, breakaway pass style should be purged though.