Russian Olympic hockey cowards

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Russians are pussies, when i worked in russia the crew i was with outworked the entire camp. When everyone was staying inside because of super heavy rains, we went out and cut lines lol, just as a small example...

Did you know an average work day for the Russians includes a half hour break at 10, an hour lunch at noon, an another HOUR break at two o clock to finish the work day around 4 lol..... A bunch of wimps if you ask me... I was lucky to get 15 minutes to eat my lunch lol

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I didn't know that. It doesn't surprise me Johnny. Definitely a country of sissies and girlie-men.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Where was that mouthpiece Ovetchkin? I barely noticed the vodka-leaguer.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
It just sounds like a bunch of sore losers to me. Let them whine, we have some good Canadian chedder we can send them to go along with it.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
They made a point of sending those KHL players to prove to
the north americans that their hockey program is as strong
as the NHL, well, BIG MISTAKE, those KHL ers are like our
AHL level, and there are other russians in the NHL they
could have chosen, but they are too stubborn, and what
they were trying to prove, fizzled and died a sorry death.

And their coaching is not NHL level either, they were not
flexible on the bench, could not adjust their game as things
didn't work, just kept doing same ole same ole, and just let
their team continue making mistake after mistake, without guiding
them on to other strategies.

Reactions: DurkaDurka

Ogu

Feb 23, 2010
Gents, let's remember something. We're Canadian. We don't need to stoop to vexacious responses to their commments, whether they are inflamatory lies or not. Why?
Because we're CANADIAN - and that says it all.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Russians are pussies, when i worked in russia the crew i was with outworked the entire camp. When everyone was staying inside because of super heavy rains, we went out and cut lines lol, just as a small example...

Did you know an average work day for the Russians includes a half hour break at 10, an hour lunch at noon, an another HOUR break at two o clock to finish the work day around 4 lol..... A bunch of wimps if you ask me... I was lucky to get 15 minutes to eat my lunch lol
Really?

Having also worked in Russia. I was quite impressed with the work ethics of those I had the pleasure of working with. Courteous, gracious, hospitable, polite, hard working and always willing to throw their backs in when and where needed.

Perhaps it was just the fact that I was working with miners.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Really?

Having also worked in Russia. I was quite impressed with the work ethics of those I had the pleasure of working with. Courteous, gracious, hospitable, polite, hard working and always willing to throw their backs in when and where needed.

Perhaps it was just the fact that I was working with miners.

I was west of Okhutsk, in the Far east

yea, i remember being out in the bush and say we finished early, we would radio the base at 2 for a pickup, never got a reply till 3.... We asked them if there radio was broken and they said no it was break time, lol....

We said WTF, and all they said is that its the norm for them...

Also too the russians they had working for our group where whiners, they always sat around smoked there cigarettes, complained i was too hyper, listened to their prison music, and whenever it rained they refused to work. We had to threaten to take their bonuses away to get them to work that day

http://www.livingabroad.com/anne_dean/articles/Russia07.pdf
A business meeting would begin typically at 9:00 a.m. around a
conference table arranged with beverages and pastries. Talks break for
lunch at 1:00 p.m.--this break could last until mid-afternoon

we werent at business meetinsg either

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I was west of Okhutsk, in the Far east

yea, i remember being out in the bush and say we finished early, we would radio the base at 2 for a pickup, never got a reply till 3.... We asked them if there radio was broken and they said no it was break time, lol....

We said WTF, and all they said is that its the norm for them...

Also too the russians they had working for our group where whiners, they always sat around smoked there cigarettes, complained i was too hyper, listened to their prison music, and whenever it rained they refused to work. We had to threaten to take their bonuses away to get them to work that day

http://www.livingabroad.com/anne_dean/articles/Russia07.pdf

we werent at business meetinsg either
I guess it takes all kinds to make the world spin round. But I certainly would say that was a the stuff to make a sweeping indictment of the Russian working class.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I know its a sweeping generalization, but their just as guilty of it... If they want to pick at us canadians in their paper, ill pick at them here so we know they arent the juggernauts they used to be

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
The guy that wrote the editorial is a Brit....you know how they feel about us and the Olympics.

This has little to do with Russia and more to do with the limp wristed arsholes with bad teeth.

Time to have our own tea party.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Wow, a few Russians act childish, and we get all mad about it. Looks like we're not much better. So what if they whine. Let them whine and don't whine back.

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon

As CDN Bear already said: really?

I too worked with the Russians for years.
First off I have been flying in their beat up, leaky old Aeroflot planes and choppers for about a decade.
They may be drunks and they may be pretty rough and crude.
But they are not pussies.

I also spent a while in Kaliningrad working with a bunch of them on their construction projects as well as on their ships in the Baltic.
A pretty rough,tough bunch all in all.
No blood, no foul.
A bunch of the older guys were ex Afghanistan vets.
Some of them where indeed lazy: Its that old communist thing: "They pretend to pay me, I pretend to work".
No pussies that I saw.

Offhand I would say that they are at least as rough and ready as Canadians or Americans.

Trex

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
hey trex

Yep, i was in the eastern end of russia, so mabye thats why... But yea they were lazy and they shyed away from work in the rain.... Its like they were made of sugar
Some of them where indeed lazy: Its that old communist thing: "They pretend to pay me, I pretend to work"
the places i was at still had advertising for the communists, saying join the army and stuff. They were in that mentality for sure...lots of soviet propoganda