To legally use illegal medicinies...

PaulusOl

Feb 21, 2010
Marit Bjoergen's astma medicine, she started to use this year, is officially forbidden steroid on WADA list which increase lung efficiency.I have watched Bjoergen since 2003 (World Championship, Val di Fiemme) and I've been impressed by her performances, I believe that she worked hard to get her medals, I think that she is technically better than Hagg or Kowalczyk (who is very determined, has great stamina, but lacks technical skills) but despite that I have to ask: is it fair, that she was allowed to use steroids, to legally use illegal medicinies (they are on WADA list)? Maybe all of them should be allowed to use it? They will have the opportunity to compete on equal conditions.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Marit Bjoergen's astma medicine, she started to use this year, is officially forbidden steroid on WADA list which increase lung efficiency.I have watched Bjoergen since 2003 (World Championship, Val di Fiemme) and I've been impressed by her performances, I believe that she worked hard to get her medals, I think that she is technically better than Hagg or Kowalczyk (who is very determined, has great stamina, but lacks technical skills) but despite that I have to ask: is it fair, that she was allowed to use steroids, to legally use illegal medicinies (they are on WADA list)? Maybe all of them should be allowed to use it? They will have the opportunity to compete on equal conditions.

I am totally against any "medicine" to enhance performance in physical competitions. Medicine should be used as a last resort to sustain life or a normal performance of necessary life functions NOT for winning medals or cups.

PaulusOl

Feb 21, 2010
Exactly! I'm totally agree with you, unfortunately FIS and CIO have different view on the subject.