York or Oakville?

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
I thought i'd ask this in here, but what's the pro's and con's of both cities? I'm going to be moving to one of the two cities, but I want to get peoples opinions on each city.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
I only know Oakville.

It's full to the brim with old people who have nothing but time on their hands. They put in a new development of hundreds of houses but forgot to widen the roads. In other words, I hope you are never in a hurry for anything at any time, because nothing ever happens fast in Oakville.

Oakville drives me crazy. But it is pretty and safe. Safe being relative to your situation. If you bring your abusive husband, well it won't be safe then will it?

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
Since I don't have a boyfriend or a husband me being unsafe shouldn't be a problem. I'm never in a hurry ever... well sometimes when i'm going to be late.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Oakville is a nice town if you like the suburbs. York is very much a part of Toronto. It is the city. Unless you're refering to another York? I would not recomend York. Oakville has all the amenities and is less than an hour to Toronto for when you want the big city. I live about an hour east of Toronto in a city similar to Oakville and find Toronto is close enough for my needs. Now if you are planning to work in the city and live in Oakville you will have an hour commute each way.
Hope this was helpful

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
That is helpful as well eh1eh. I'm talking about the york in Toronto. I'd love to work in Oakville or Toronto, but last I knew you can't work while your on a study visa (unless they've changed it). I'm planning on going to school up there at either Seneca or Sheridan in January. I haven't really read up on the other visas they have though.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
I'm taking Computer Programming then I might go into Computer Programming Anaylsis and do the internship over in Japan that Sheridan offers. I do know that i'm getting into Computer Programming though.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Do it!

I'm taking Computer Programming then I might go into Computer Programming Anaylsis and do the internship over in Japan that Sheridan offers. I do know that i'm getting into Computer Programming though.

Wow, to be young again.

We I say go for it all. Japan would be a great experience. I'm a little to old to learn code but would love to be able to. Hope you enjoy your world travels.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
I love computers alot and that's why i decided that, now I have to send my transcripts again overnight to the school (they need them and they lost them). I will have fun traveling =)