Yoga

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
Does anyone on here do yoga at home? I go to a class once a week, but would like to do some at home too. I am really just looking for a good video to help me out at home until I'm more comfortable with all the poses and positions.

It's a long shot, I know, checking with all you guys, but you never know. :)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Not so much into yoga anymore diamond sun....to mellow for peapod :p I like to go nuts :p but every now and than I go back for awhile. Jane Fonda has a very good tape on yoga. :)

EternalSunshine

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2004
Montreal
I do yoga at home, and I used the video at the beginning. Later on I didn't need it anymore since I kind of have "memorized" the postures.

The video I used is called The Method Precision Yoga, and I bought it in a WalMart :D. It's divided in three segments, about 20 min each (Strength and Vitality, Flexibility, Serenity and Peace of Mind).

Hope this helps. :D

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Eternal, thank you so much for the lead on the video. Was it a good video for you? (It sounds like what I'm looking for, something to help me get used to the positions so that later on I can do the yoga without having to refer to a video)

EternalSunshine

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2004
Montreal
I liked it a lot. It wasn't too easy or too hard (and I was a beginner), it was kind of just right, it gives you space to grow with it.
I must say that there are certain poses that I didn't love (some of the Sun Salutations), and I just skip those. I mean if I'm not enjoying it - what's the point.

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
EternalSunshine said:
I liked it a lot. It wasn't too easy or too hard (and I was a beginner), it was kind of just right, it gives you space to grow with it.

perfect. I'll see if I can find it at amazon.ca and get it!

I must say that there are certain poses that I didn't love (some of the Sun Salutations), and I just skip those. I mean if I'm not enjoying it - what's the point.

Well, exactly. I do that at class too. If it's not enjoyable, or not comfortable, I just skip it.

Thanks for the help!