Working on a new optional forum skin

Administration

Administrator
Mar 24, 2002
Montreal

Not totally sure if it will be created, but input is required from members.

Note: This preview is not to scale. It would be wider and the forum tables would be more spaced out.

Cyberm4n

Electoral Member
Jun 6, 2002
Toronto
i like it... maybe too graphic intensive for a forum. i think i like the current forum skin better though

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I tend to have the philosophy, if it ain't broke don't fix it. This skin seems fine and the forum works, so why change it? On the other hand, I have been around forums long enough to know people have fits when there is any kind of change but everybody quickly adapts, so what the hell.

Why DO you want to change it? Just curious.

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Its an optional skin which means if you don't like it you won't need to use it although it will be the default at some point. You will still be able to select this one when its live anyways.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
I like the use of blue and orange. If I could make a suggestion, increase the size of all fonts uniformly by two points.

I've said this a number of times, please provide a format options, allowing for the use of seriffed fonts, and fonts of larger size. I can use MS IE to open the site at my local public library with the font of my choice, but that feature of IE has no effect here. Times New Roman @ 11 pt. is standard in professional correspondence, and would suit me fine. At home, I use Bookman Old Style @ 12 pt. Xerox Serif Wide is also good, as is Xerox San Serif Wide.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
I like the use of blue and orange. If I could make a suggestion, increase the size of all fonts uniformly by two points.

I've said this a number of times, please provide a format options, allowing for the use of seriffed fonts, and fonts of larger size. I can use MS IE to open the site at my local public library with the font of my choice, but that feature of IE has no effect here. Times New Roman @ 11 pt. is standard in professional correspondence, and would suit me fine. At home, I use Bookman Old Style @ 12 pt. Xerox Serif Wide is also good, as is Xerox Sans Serif Wide.

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
American Voice: There is a way to increase the size of the format in Internet Explorer without the use of the font option.

Click on "View" scroll down to "Text Size" and within that window it's usually defaulted to medium or smaller. I just set it to largest. And wow!!! Everything is sure big.. lol Give that a try and tell me how it works for you.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
Lush, my default there is Large. I did as you suggested, and changed it to Largest. Only one item on the screen was enlarged, and that was the text in the STATS box. Like I said, changing the font in IE effects some things, like my local library website, but it has no effect here. Maybe Customs is blocking it at the border?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
It is Al-Qaida. Bush announced this morning that Al-Qaida is planning to stop people from resizing their IE explorer font so Americans are stuck with large fonts to read about the lies of the White House.