Wirless Networking

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
My desktop computer is destroyed, done, finished. I am buying a new one in the next few months, but rate now I am on Laptop with Wireless internet, and I want to have my laptop use my printer wirelessly without being connected to it. The printer software is already installed

Ok, cable - connected to the

Motorola Surfboard Modem ( pic ) - connected to the
------------------------------
Laptop - connected to the

D-Link N Card Adapter ( pic )

Strong steady wireless connection, so without a desktop computer, is there anyway to get my laptop to print wirelessly? Thanks.

Linksys N-Router - ( pic ) - connected to the

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
My desktop computer is destroyed, done, finished. I am buying a new one in the next few months, but rate now I am on Laptop with Wireless internet, and I want to have my laptop use my printer wirelessly without being connected to it. The printer software is already installed

Strong steady wireless connection, so without a desktop computer, is there anyway to get my laptop to print wirelessly? Thanks.

Your printer has to be hooked directly to a computer of some sort. The way I work it is.

Modem > Router > Desktop connected to Printer > Printer set as a Network available > laptop prints wirelessly via network shared printer

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe

You can acheive that easly by investing little money go ahead and buy any wirless print server like one I use at home Linksys WPS54G and connect your network in this way

► Your ISP connection to Modem
► CAT 5 or CAT 6 cable connection to your Linksys N router
► Linksys N router to Computer ( Laptop Or Desktop ) with eatthernet cable
► Linksys N router to Linksys WPS54G printer server with eathernet cable
► Configure the connections
► Now you can remove connection from print server to router and just power off all your devices and wait for 30 seconds and then turn them back on
► You are good to go..

Any further questions or clarifications or comments are more then welcome.

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
Recently was in London and got oppertunity to work with wirless internet connection with routers provided in london , have any question please lem me know

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
Any idea about the new firmware for routers and the thired party support for routers and also if knows how to write codes for firmware then please let me know