Will Be Offline For Awhile?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I've had it with this damn computor..less than 6 mos. old and in the repair shop 3 times! It;s going back in and this time, it'll stay there until they find and fix all the problems I've been cursing at since i got it. So, who knows when i can find my way back here:-( Should have posted this before as it explains my previous longish absences.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I've thought about it. Smashing the piece of .... would ease the old frustration factor. The problem is it freezes up and the mouse doesn't work ,plus the noise when it freezes. Then, after i have had my fill of swearing, etc. refuses to be shut down.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Hi, Missile;
does your computer have a Celeron inside? My son is a computer tech, and finds clients with a Celeron have nothing but problems. I only remember this, because of the "Celery" sound!!:lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You know, it would be nice if the mods would sticky this thread in the member lounge, so we have somewhere that our regular members can post if they'll be away for a while. That way, we can reference back if someone goes MIA and we're not sure why. Goodness knows it happens often enough. Just a thought.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Cool... I'll be gone for most of July, just so no one worries when/if I drop off the face of the internet. :lol:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Cool... I'll be gone for most of July, just so no one worries when/if I drop off the face of the internet. :lol:

Ciao fer now. Have a terrific trip.

All yer fans'll miss ya.............:-(

We'll have a great big :eek:ccasion6::eek:ccasion7::cheers::wav: fer ya when ya get back.

:toothy5:Noog

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I'll be offline awhile. My best friend is freaking out about a course that's required for his job, and I've dedicated myself to tutoring in the evenings. Some of this stuff I need to learn first myself, so needless to say I'll be busy for several weeks. I will try to post and chat when I can. Until then...

:cool:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I'll be offline awhile. My best friend is freaking out about a course that's required for his job, and I've dedicated myself to tutoring in the evenings. Some of this stuff I need to learn first myself, so needless to say I'll be busy for several weeks. I will try to post and chat when I can. Until then...

Good luck, see ya in a few weeks. Take care.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008

Take care then Alley. Talk to you when you come back on line.:smile:

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
OK, it's stuck.

Kreskin, in the Profile, where you can select Online or Offline, can Andem add an Option for "Away" or "Holidays" or even "Not Postings" so people know others are away for a while. This would let us know the difference between "Time Out" and those who are just away on their own..

Just an Idea..

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Take Care, Alley, Karrie, Missle, Wolf as you will all be miss you all while your away.. Hopefully I did not miss someone and if I did see you when you get back :)

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Take Care, Alley, Karrie, Missle, Wolf as you will all be miss you all while your away.. Hopefully I did not miss someone and if I did see you when you get back :)

LOL! Alley is the only one who is going to be offline for a while at the moment. All the others were gone during the summer. Alley had just dug up an older thread rather than start another one(which is not a bad thing).;-):lol: We've all fallen for that at one point or another, though, so you're certainly not alone.:cool:

And to Alley...take care my friend.:cool: We'll be keeping the Last One To Post Wins thread busy while you're gone.;-)