Why they want people to die for something

dave

May 28, 2004
I believe that fighting causes only hate and create more fighting.
I believe fighting causes lost of freedom for all the people who fight.
I believe there can be a better way other than fighting.
I like the way to find the reason that might cause fighting and solve the problem peacefully.
I believe all those who encourage others to fight are just for their own interest rather than freedom or any other honorable things.
They rob thousands of people’s freedom of life without solving any public problem except for asking tax payers to pay for their chicanery.

dave

May 28, 2004
Numure said:
Violence resolves nothing. It only creates a circle of violence, where violence is answered by violence.

That's right.

And besides,
if they don't want to die themselves, why they want others to die for them?
Did their parents or teachers told them to fight when other kids took their toys when they were in kindergartens?

dave

May 28, 2004
Haggis McBagpipe said:
One cannot disagree with the sentiments expressed here, yet what would have happened in WW II if nobody had been willing to fight Hitler?

Actually, WWII begins with Hitler encourage others to die for Germany.
And things changes, there were no Hitler now. Even if there were, that would not outside the continent that we are living now. And I would prefer to negotiate with them to avoid lost of too many people in the war.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
dave said:
And things changes, there were no Hitler now. Even if there were, that would not outside the continent that we are living now. And I would like to negotiate with them to avoid lost of too many people in the war.

There will always be people capable of Hitler's crimes, and there is no guarantee that the next Hitler will not be one of our own.

Negotiation is the right answer, of course... unless the enemy is not willing to negotiate. We do not currently have any such enemy nor is one on the horizon, but it is certainly conceivable that we will one day be faced with such an enemy. Would you fight for your way of life if it was at extreme risk of being destroyed?

dave

May 28, 2004
Haggis McBagpipe said:
dave said:
And things changes, there were no Hitler now. Even if there were, that would not outside the continent that we are living now. And I would like to negotiate with them to avoid lost of too many people in the war.

There will always be people capable of Hitler's crimes, and there is no guarantee that the next Hitler will not be one of our own.

Negotiation is the right answer, of course... unless the enemy is not willing to negotiate. We do not currently have any such enemy nor is one on the horizon, but it is certainly conceivable that we will one day be faced with such an enemy. Would you fight for your way of life if it was at extreme risk of being destroyed?

If robbers are stronger than you and want your money or your life, what would you like to give him? -- The money. I would like they to change a government temperately until they realized there is some really kindness in the world. In this way our people and their children can still live in some place in this world instead of die in hate. And by the way, I don’t think any government is perfect.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
dave said:
If robbers are stronger than you and want your money or your life, what would you like to give him? -- The money.

But aren't most people more willing to give up their money than their freedom - their way of life, if you will? To give up money is nothing, it is easy, but to give up freedom is to give up, to a very large degree, one's self.

dave

May 28, 2004
Haggis McBagpipe said:
But aren't most people more willing to give up their money than their freedom - their way of life, if you will? To give up money is nothing, it is easy, but to give up freedom is to give up, to a very large degree, one's self.

If people dead, where comes the freedom?
If they are alive, they have the chance to get freedom again.
Why some people's freedom should be upon others lost their life. Do people have the freedom not to die for something?

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
dave said:
If people dead, where comes the freedom?
If they are alive, they have the chance to get freedom again.
Why some people's freedom should be upon others lost their life. Do people have the freedom not to die for something?

Yes, you are right, a person should not have to die to protect the freedom of others. But what if it is voluntary? There are those who volunteer for the jobs that put their lives in danger for the good of all: firemen, policemen, soldiers, and others.

So, I would say yes, people have the freedom not to die for something... but if they choose to defend that freedom, is this wrong?

dave

May 28, 2004
Haggis McBagpipe said:
Yes, you are right, a person should not have to die to protect the freedom of others. But what if it is voluntary? There are those who volunteer for the jobs that put their lives in danger for the good of all: firemen, policemen, soldiers, and others.

So, I would say yes, people have the freedom not to die for something... but if they choose to defend that freedom, is this wrong?

Firemen and others who devote for public safety are honorable and admirable.
That does not have to mean politicians should use those good wills for their own purpose.
I don’t think the war can make the world safer.
I don’t think the life of thousands of the solders and civilians sacrificed in Iraq are worthwhile or bring some sort of meaningful things to the people here or in Iraq.
From Fahrenheit 9/11 we can see that the war may just for benefit some very small group of people and much more other people suffered from that war.
When people realized that at last, thousands of life lost. New great amount of hate created.
How can you avoid making another war and guaranteeing that the war IS REALLY for the freedom you declared?
If people have no way to get enough information of truth from the money-oriented media to distinguish a justify war or not, could the politicians not to utilize the kindness of people for their own purpose so that we can avoid to lost life just for more hate and more danger.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I have never had my freedom taken away from me, so I am not sure what I would be willing to do for it. Its one thing to comtemplate what your beliefs are and another thing to see if they really hold up when the time comes.
No one can really know for sure what they are willing to do or not do when the time comes hopefully it does not. This is just my opinion.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
peapod said:
Its one thing to comtemplate what your beliefs are and another thing to see if they really hold up when the time comes.

So true. I have no clue what I'd do personally. I believe, though, that some people can make an absolute decision about something they will do, and to stick to it even in the face of grave danger. We see this determination in, for example, firemen... and soldiers.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
The people that I find the real heros in all these conflicts are the people who opt for humanity over uniform. I listened to a radio interview with hugh thompson a while back, he was a helicopter pilot in the My Lai massacre in Vietnam. He not only refused to kill women, childern and old men, he actually tried to stop it, under threat of being shot.

This kind of thing still goes today, Jeff Paterson the first GI to resist orders to Iraq, marine Donovan Cole who refused to take up arms against the haitian people. We should just honor these people, we should be like them. There is no honor in killing people like ourselves for a god or profit.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
peapod said:
We should just honor these people, we should be like them. There is no honor in killing people like ourselves for a god or profit.

I agree with all you say, however there are times when someone very bad - like Hitler - has to be stopped, don't you agree? I doubt very much that he would have stopped with negotiation, reason.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I do agree with you on Hitler, after all I had family that fought in that war, and as I said before, my grandfather fought in world war one. My uncle always told me that world war 2 was just a continuation of the first war. With hitler it really was conquer or be conquered, and he really had to be stopped. You might find the following link interesting.

http://falloutshelternews.com/BushHitlerLinks.html