What would you do?

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
The current lottery here in Canada is for 40 million dollars....

What would you do with that kind of money?

I'd build my dream house, get rid of my deamon van, pay off my student loans, and my parents loans, in-laws mortgage, set up trust funds for my kids... and give to the humane society, cancer and parkinsons research and travel up north and out to BC to visit a few good folks out that way...ahh if only. I may even invest in that shared house we dreamed up 8O

Lets here from somebody else, be imaginative folks.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
buy 2 houses. 1 for the RCH cat shelter and the other for the RCH dog shelter.

Travel travel travel. Come back and donate my time to the above mentioned shelters full time.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I'd buy some new slippers. Oh, and maybe a refill for my pen.

I'd likely give a whack of it to the Stephen Lewis Foundation and the Humane Society.

I'm guessing that Mrs. Rev would want a house, so I'd have one of those built out of straw bales. It would be a bungalow...none of this going up and down the stairs crap.

I'd get a new diesel Chevy and run it on canola oil.

I guess I'd give my family some.

That's about it. Actually, I'd likely just buy the slippers and the pen refill.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I think I might spring for a thirty inch plazma monitor.......maybe a new Mazda RX-8........lemmy see now.............??

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Good Idea, maybe I could get rid of the bunny slippers the kids got me last Christmas. Every time I walk by the cat she attacks me.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Would probably have the MG rebuilt .......

Give the sibs (family) some pocket change. :wink:

Maybe buy a home........but not convinced .

Stash the rest .........Until I could decide the best use of it..

essentially..........would 'Sit on it " for a while.

(first thing would be to change my phone number, cell number and e-mail addie. ------and move if things became unmanageable with the hands reaching out..)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
first thing would be to change my phone number, cell number and e-mail addie. ------and move if things became unmanageable with the hands reaching out

I really can't imagine getting more nuisance calls and spam then I do now. 8O

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Reverend Blair said:
first thing would be to change my phone number, cell number and e-mail addie. ------and move if things became unmanageable with the hands reaching out

I really can't imagine getting more nuisance calls and spam then I do now. 8O

good point..... :wink:

but it would still be kinda fun to do that....... almost like changing one's identity :wink:

(Ok........so I watch too many spy movies :wink:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

I once owned about twelve British sports cars in a row: Austin Healeys, MGs, Triumphs, a Porche, but the car I always wanted but never had, was an E type Jag. I would buy an E type 4.2, British racing green.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
#juan said:

I once owned about twelve British sports cars in a row: Austin Healeys, MGs, Triumphs, a Porche, but the car I always wanted but never had, was an E type Jag. I would buy an E type 4.2, British racing green.

they are SWEET...!! Good plan.

(like the rev's plan too. SLIPPERS.. :wink: --------Only one pair??? :wink:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
like the rev's plan too. SLIPPERS.. Wink --------Only one pair??? Wink

I only have one pair of feet.

I had a Spitfire, I'd like another one of those. I always wanted an E-type too. There's nothing else that looks like them, and I hear they're a hoot to drive. I always wanted a Datsun Fairlady too. Not too many of those around.

I wonder why we haven't gone back to the British sports car type of automobile. It would seem a natural...they were relatively inexpensive, easy to park, easy to drive, good on gas. They would seem to be the perfect commuter vehicle...a good choice for all those people who drive to work alone every day.

About the only thing around is the Miata though, and that's far from the simple and cheap MGs it was based on.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I kinda wouldn't mind to "own" a McLaren (sp) for a while. They are so unique............and ooooh so pricey..

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Ocean Breeze

One thing about owning a McLaren is that if you bought one, you can be almost sure that nobody else in your town has one.

manda

How come women need so many shoes? I have one pair of "good" shoes that I wear to weddings and funerals. The rest of the time I wear out Joggers.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
I would pay to develop my line of toys and other inventions.

I would make sure that everyone I called friend had what they need in life.

I would make sure that my children had anything they ever needed or wanted.

I would travel and finally.....

I would buy slippers and pen refills for all the homeless people (cause according to the rev, that's all ya need in life)