Want to go Fishing?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I took this picture of my daughter, minutes after she came into the marina with this 33.1 lb Tyee Salmon, she has a 14 ft. boat, and she was fishing all by herself, took her about 15
min. to hook the fish, and about 20 min. to land it. She had a tough time hauling it into
the boat, in the net, but determination won the day, (she is 5ft. 3in.)
It caused quite a fuss at the Comox Marina, the big guy holding the fish, ran and found
this scale, the crowd ran out from the pub, someone shoved a beer into her hand, much

excitement, for sure, and the story ended up in our local newspaper, with a comment,
that, photographer is unknown, hmmmm.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Oh cool talloola! She's a celeb! But you, apparently, are not worthy of mention. lol.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Nice fish! Fishing is a relaxing way to pass the time.

My daughter loved fishing as a little girl, then she left it for a long time, had two
children, and played in lots of sports as well. About 2 years ago, she bought a
boat, and rekindled her love of fishing, she often goes out by herself, (makes me
nervous), but she usually has someone with her. She's a chip off the old block, as
my husband has fished since he was a kid, and still loves it. She usually has her daughter
with her, her son golfs almost all the time, and doesn't fish.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
The fishing hasn't been very good this year, (at least for salmon), there has been some
flashes of good fishing, but nothing constant, Ucluelet was good for awhile, the Alberni
Inlet has been poor, the comox and campbell river areas have not been good, so, when
she brought that big fish into the marina at comox, it caused quite a stir, and was fun
for all, for a little while, as nothing else came in that evening at all.