USA Actions Since 1945

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Put any countries' actions under a microscope & I guarantee you'll find plenty of injustices. Despite this list of alleged "wrong doing", the world is a much better place because of the U.S. Who else would be waiting to step into the power vacuum otherwise? China? North Korea? I'll take the Americans, thank you, warts and all.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: USA Actions Since 194

Put any countries' actions under a microscope & I guarantee you'll find plenty of injustices.

Its just the US does more injustice than anyone else and on a larger scale. Especially the horse poop in Gitmo, Iraq and what they did in Vietnam. The long sad list just goes on and on reguarding American administrations.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: USA Actions Since 194

Let's not forget their actions in South America or the fact that they've habitually people like Papa and Baby Doc, the Marcos', and Pinochet.

I've put a few countries under microscopes. The US is the worst by far. More importantly, if you put those other countries under microscopes you find that the Americans are involved in those transgressions too.

The story of the US being some benevolent force in the world is nothing but myth. At best they are apathetic, all too often they are a malevolent force willing to kill for money.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Here here. It's the hypocrasy and bold face lies that realy boil my blood. Thats not to say theres nothing good about the US, there is. But they are responsible for alot of death in the world.

jakewabbo

Mar 27, 2005
Before we turn this into an Anti-US rant, should we not look at ourselves first for what we have done with the natives of our land by stealing theirs for nothing? I am getting really tired of Canadians thinking that we are so angelic when we are so guilty of segregation/racisim even now in the 21st century.

We as Canadians are so quick to trust the lies and dis-information of the CBC, a Government funded TV station that backs the government no matter what happens. So when the network runs a story based on lies that are for the most part generated from the internet or from left wing propaganda, rather then risk losing it's funding, they run it. Do you ever hear the CBC run a story on how Canada steals land and rights from the Natives... Yet we are so ready to Jump on the bandwagon at the instant the US is mentioned in a story... oh it was on the news... It must be true....I am sorry if this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread...

Flames can be sent here... LOL... it's all in good fun..

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Before we turn this into an Anti-US rant, should we not look at ourselves first for what we have done with the natives of our land by stealing theirs for nothing? I am getting really tired of Canadians thinking that we are so angelic when we are so guilty of segregation/racisim even now in the 21st century.

That has been covered in discussions here already. Trying to say that we aren't critical of our own country isn't accurate. How come the right and the CBC bashers haven't been questioning Canada's involvment in Haiti? How come the right-wing press never covered the government being pressured into forcing Talisman Oil out of Sudan years before Sudan was on the news every day?

We as Canadians are so quick to trust the lies and dis-information of the CBC, a Government funded TV station that backs the government no matter what happens.

They are recognized around the world for their fair and accurate reportage. They are also criticl of the government on an ongoing basis. If you actually watched and listened to them you would have noticed that. That the CBC does not participate in the witch hunts the radical right is so prone to shows less, not more, bias than outlets like Global/Canwest.

So when the network runs a story based on lies that are for the most part generated from the internet or from left wing propaganda, rather then risk losing it's funding, they run it.

What a load of crap. Do you know about the three source rule? Do you know about fact checking? The CBC does, and they do it.

. Do you ever hear the CBC run a story on how Canada steals land and rights from the Natives...

They've actually run several news stories on that very subject. They are the only national press outlet to cover stories about native rights and issues on a fairly regular basis.

Yet we are so ready to Jump on the bandwagon at the instant the US is mentioned in a story... oh it was on the news... It must be true...

Because the US is involved in, often at the base of, so many of the global problems that are facing us.

I am sorry if this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread...

It doesn't...it was yet another attempt to stifle any criticism of the US. Want the criticism to end? Get the US government to quit killing people for money.