UFC 256 Predictions!

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Not a great card in my opinion but always fun to watch the sport.

I'll throw up the bouts and people can give their predictions.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Preliminary Bouts (Live on ESPN+, 7:30 PM EST)

-Peter Barrett vs. Chase Hooper

I wish I could say I knew how this fight would go but I don't. Mostly because it's not a fight that I think means much in terms of rankings. The best I am going to go for is hoping it's exciting.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Preliminary Card (Live on ESPN, 8:00 PM EST)

-Daniel Pineda vs. Cub Swanson
-Rafael Fiziev vs. Renato Moicano
-Billy Quarantillo vs. Gavin Tucker
-Sam Hughes vs. Tecia Torres

On this part of the card there are two fights I am down to see.

I love watching Tecia Torres fight. She's a tiny tornado for sure. Sam Hughes is tough but I think Tecia takes this out by unanimous decision.

I have no idea why Cub Swanson in on the undercard. He's easily a main card fighter, but whatever. Daniel Pineda is also a great fight for him. I see Swanson taking a split decision on this.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Main Card (Live on ESPN+ PPV, 10:00 PM EST)

-Deiveson Figueiredo (c) vs Brandon Moreno
– Tony Ferguson vs. Charles Oliveira
– Mackenzie Dern vs. Virna Jandiroba
-Kevin Holland vs. Ronaldo Souza
–Junior Dos Santos vs. Ciryl Gane

Despite the main event being a title fight, I just don't care enough about that division to really want to make a bet on who wins.

The real crazy fight on this card that might mean something is Ferguson vs Olicveira. Both are wild strikers with great ground game. I cannot even begin to guess who might take that fight.

I couldn't care less about Dern. She's only on the card because the UFC wants to hype her. She's an undercard fighter imo. At least she made weight this time.

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza should take his fight. I'd love to see it by submission too.

Junior, oh Junior. I want to see him win but I suspect he's beyond his prime and Gane maybe too much as Gane is coming up in the rankings. Hard to call.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Preliminary Card (Live on ESPN, 8:00 PM EST)

-Daniel Pineda vs. Cub Swanson
-Rafael Fiziev vs. Renato Moicano
-Billy Quarantillo vs. Gavin Tucker
-Sam Hughes vs. Tecia Torres

On this part of the card there are two fights I am down to see.

I love watching Tecia Torres fight. She's a tiny tornado for sure. Sam Hughes is tough but I think Tecia takes this out by unanimous decision.

I have no idea why Cub Swanson in on the undercard. He's easily a main card fighter, but whatever. Daniel Pineda is also a great fight for him. I see Swanson taking a split decision on this.
I was right on the two fights I called here but Tecia Torres won by KO.

Cub Swanson won by KO too.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Main Card (Live on ESPN+ PPV, 10:00 PM EST)

-Deiveson Figueiredo (c) vs Brandon Moreno
– Tony Ferguson vs. Charles Oliveira
– Mackenzie Dern vs. Virna Jandiroba
-Kevin Holland vs. Ronaldo Souza
–Junior Dos Santos vs. Ciryl Gane

Despite the main event being a title fight, I just don't care enough about that division to really want to make a bet on who wins.

The real crazy fight on this card that might mean something is Ferguson vs Olicveira. Both are wild strikers with great ground game. I cannot even begin to guess who might take that fight.

I couldn't care less about Dern. She's only on the card because the UFC wants to hype her. She's an undercard fighter imo. At least she made weight this time.

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza should take his fight. I'd love to see it by submission too.

Junior, oh Junior. I want to see him win but I suspect he's beyond his prime and Gane maybe too much as Gane is coming up in the rankings. Hard to call.
Oliveira beat Ferguson by decision. Good fight.

Dern won by decision which means the UFC will continue to pump her as a sub-par fighter down our throats.

I am shocked that Souza lost to Holland by KO. Souza has to get back to his grappling roots or he's done for good.

It's looks like Junior Dos Santos IS done as he lost via TKO to Gane.