U.S. mulls strikes on Syria

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
"Because Israel told us to. No, wait, that doesn't sound good does it? Okay, umm, because, Syria has WMDs. No, we used that one. Because Syria did 9-11? No, nobody will buy that one after the 'my pet goat' fiasco. Ummm, Syria is a threat to the elections in Iraq. How is that? Okay, it's a bit weak, but have you got anything better? No? Okay, then that's what we'll go with. We are attacking Syria because they are a threat to the elections in Iraq. They are smashing Diebold machines while we are not looking."

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20050111-105709-6329r.htm

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
"Because Israel told us to. No, wait, that doesn't sound good does it? Okay, umm, because, Syria has WMDs. No, we used that one. Because Syria did 9-11? No, nobody will buy that one after the 'my pet goat' fiasco. Ummm, Syria is a threat to the elections in Iraq. How is that? Okay, it's a bit weak, but have you got anything better? No? Okay, then that's what we'll go with. We are attacking Syria because they are a threat to the elections in Iraq. They are smashing Diebold machines while we are not looking."

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC
There used to be an oil pipe that ran from Iraq to Isreal, right through Syria. It is old and decrepid. I don't know if it works at all, but it needs replacing. That means that Syria has to co-operate.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC
There used to be an oil pipe that ran from Iraq to Isreal, right through Syria. It is old and decrepid. I don't know if it works at all, but it needs replacing. That means that Syria has to co-operate.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC
Re: RE: U.S. mulls strikes on Syria

moghrabi said:
And if they don't, the US will go in and create another monster....

That's the beauty of Islamic terrorist or even just terrorist. The Bushies can apply the label to whomever they want. And they can always accuse any country, Canada included, of harboring terrrorists, thus justifying whatever abuse they wish to inflict upon the innocent.

Remember Bush's statement, "You're either with us, or you are with the enemy." That's the reasoning of a bully.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

moghrabi said:

That's the beauty of Islamic terrorist or even just terrorist. The Bushies can apply the label to whomever they want. And they can always accuse any country, Canada included, of harboring terrrorists, thus justifying whatever abuse they wish to inflict upon the innocent.

Remember Bush's statement, "You're either with us, or you are with the enemy." That's the reasoning of a bully.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

moghrabi said:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: U.S. mulls strikes on

I don't think that's reasoning at all, personally. that's why it was so unsurprising when Georgie said it.

I think they are casting about for another enemy to get the press embedded again. I don't know if you guys have noticed, but that magic grip is slipping away. Bush can really only count on Fox at this point, the rest are dicey. Not a lot of outright dissent yet, but it's slipping. That was the case with Vietnam until Walter Cronkite broke ranks too. Once he came out against the war all hell broke loose.

Anyway, they had a look at Iran, but Moscow and Beijing said, "Nuh-uh, we need that oil and we have real armies." Now they're looking at Syria. That will piss France right off, which always makes the American press happy, and get the 24 hour light show rolling again. It also serves to get the American people back on side.

Georgie has two problems though. He's short on guys, and he will very likely lose Britain as an ally if he goes into Syria. Tony Blair is on shakey enough ground at home over Iraq. Another illegal invasion and the Labour Party will chew him up and puke him out on the rug.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I don't think that's reasoning at all, personally. that's why it was so unsurprising when Georgie said it.

I think they are casting about for another enemy to get the press embedded again. I don't know if you guys have noticed, but that magic grip is slipping away. Bush can really only count on Fox at this point, the rest are dicey. Not a lot of outright dissent yet, but it's slipping. That was the case with Vietnam until Walter Cronkite broke ranks too. Once he came out against the war all hell broke loose.

Anyway, they had a look at Iran, but Moscow and Beijing said, "Nuh-uh, we need that oil and we have real armies." Now they're looking at Syria. That will piss France right off, which always makes the American press happy, and get the 24 hour light show rolling again. It also serves to get the American people back on side.

Georgie has two problems though. He's short on guys, and he will very likely lose Britain as an ally if he goes into Syria. Tony Blair is on shakey enough ground at home over Iraq. Another illegal invasion and the Labour Party will chew him up and puke him out on the rug.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg