TV Networks In Financial Trouble

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Would it be so great a loss to us if Global and CTV went under, due to their financial problems? I know that I can get along very well without any television and fail to understand why they show so many ads within an hour and claim not to be making enough money from the ads. The CBC has had its budget cut, but these private broadcasters are begging the govt. for a handout! Outrageous!

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I remember them being given extra ad minutes per hour by the CRTC a few years back, so unless they are giving advertisers low rates..should be raking the bucks in. If they can't or won't compete with other advertising mediums,they deserve to flounder.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Networks are their own biggest enemy. Local news and products are of interest to the people to whom it matters and who will do business locally. Big business turned its backs on those folks and now those very people are the ones they need. Maybe it's time for local programming again - if they can wrestle people back from the DVD, games, computer and satellite?