TV broadcast of Amber Alert draws 911 calls from angry viewers

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
i dont mind the amber alerts as long as they dont interrupt any of my scifi shows. ;) 📺

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The issue I have is @ 3AM, someone asleep is not going to be of any assistance. It should respect the Do Not Disturb settings of your phone.
Well, this may come as a shocker to you but, not everyone is asleep at 3AM. If you have such a problem with it, why don't you just shut your stupid phone off at night? I mean you don't want to be disturbed by amber alerts while you sleep and yet you obviously leave your phone on. Why? Afraid to miss a super important phone call in the middle of the night?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well, this may come as a shocker to you but, not everyone is asleep at 3AM. If you have such a problem with it, why don't you just shut your stupid phone off at night? I mean you don't want to be disturbed by amber alerts while you sleep and yet you obviously leave your phone on. Why? Afraid to miss a super important phone call in the middle of the night?
Actually, I have trained myself to ignore the sound. I hear it and go right back to sleep. Read it in the morning. But if I was not asleep, I would not have Do Not Disturb set. I do have my phone on in case my family needs to reach me due to an emergency. For that I will get up.