Trying to leave Bell, can't get phone unlocked

Dkenedy

Jul 26, 2004
I purchased my Samsung A440 from Bell, took the 1 year contract but now the contract has been fulfilled and we want to go to another provider. I want to keep the phone I baught from Bell - but they are dragging their butts in giving me the unlock code I need to go to another provider. Any one know of an unlock code that would work for me? Kow where I could go? Thanks...

Dkenedy

Jul 26, 2004
After a month and a day of running around, 2 e-mails to the VP of Mobility customer service, and one email to the president of bell mobility - I finally got my unlock code for my Samsumg A460. I'm not sure if this will work for others, but the code they gave me today is 783 587

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I was unaware that you could unlock Bell Mobility phones as I only knew howto unlock GSM phones. Are you now able to go to Telus Mobility? You are using a 4th generation CDMA handset.

Dkenedy

Jul 26, 2004
Not really positive if I will actually able to set it to work on another provider - we have 2 local choices here, Superiorwireless, and Dryden Mobility (local phone company). To be certain we have service, the wife wants to wait until next week to attempt changing to a new provider - as we have to take our 23 m/o son to the city for a checkup. After we get back i will go and attempt the change (agu 6, or 9). I will have to come back there at that time and let you know for sure.

Jaguar4u

May 14, 2004
Toronto
www.theguvernment.com
Today I got the new "Unlimited Incoming Calls" plan with Fido for $25/mo.

I will continue to use Telus and their amazing cool color flip phones for outgoing calls. With Telus I get unlimited text and calling between Telus customers for $20/mo

Finally, thanks to both Fido and Telus, I got rid of my home phone service and am finally 100% Mobile 8)

Dkenedy

Jul 26, 2004
Bell, after a month of e-mails back and forth, finally gave in. They finally gave me my unlock code for my phone, and I'm over with a new provider! :D :cheers:

Dkenedy

Jul 26, 2004
I did some searches and ended up with the Executive Office's e-mail addy, but the guy I was trading e-mails with did nothing. I then did some more searches for e-mail addies of the Executive Office (president of Bell Mobility), and e-mailed him.

I ended up getting a auto-reply saying that he was on vacation, but if I wanted to call his assistant, to call her at a number of which I have lost (I wanted to archive all the e-mails, but for some reason half went missing).

The original e-mails I sent basically said that I baught the phone, and want the unlock code cus I wanted to sever my relationship with Bell, and go with someone else - and that I was giving them 3 choices --> give me the unlock code, buy back the phone from me at the price I paid, or I take Bell Mobility to court.

A month later I got the e-mail from the presidents office with the phone number on it, so I called them up. Of course she wasn't in, but I talked to someone else who gave me her e-mail addy (<email address removed up request>) and contacted her that way.

The 'D-day' that I gave them as being the last day to contact me with the unlock code before I went to the court house to file, she called me with the code.

And it only took a month.

Basically, those are the steps. Many e-mails back and forth (not getting anywhere) with the executives office peons, going over first doofus's head and going to the President and ending up with a phone number/e-mail addy of the President's assistant - who finally decided to give me the code.

Advice? Don't give up. YOU own the phone, not Bell. My contract was over, we paid for the phone (on the first bill). I was willing to take this to the courts to get what I wanted/needed. But luckly, the day I was going to go to the courthouse, my truck was in the shop ( :oops: ) but later that day, I got a call from <name removed as per request>.

All in all - a lot of frusteration. But, I love taking on big companies. And winning, of course.

Derek

jdholland

Aug 24, 2004
Dkenedy,

Your story is inspiring. I have a Samsung sph a500 I am trying to unlock and can not get a hold of any one important at Bell. Do you have any email contacts I can try?