The Right to Choose

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
A woman has the right to choose weather or not to abort a baby but will lose the right to choose which type of light bulb to use. Did our grandparents fight and die so that we could have the right choose to kill unborn babies but not the right to choose how to light our houses?

P.S. I'm pro choice I'm just stirring the pot.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
A woman has the right to choose weather or not to abort a baby but will lose the right to choose which type of light bulb to use. Did our grandparents fight and die so that we could have the right choose to kill unborn babies but not the right to choose how to light our houses?

P.S. I'm pro choice I'm just stirring the pot.

LMAO

Jsan

Nominee Member
Apr 6, 2007
We'll everyone knows that a light bulb is more significant than a fetus which after all is just a lump of flesh with a little head, little, arms and legs, little hands and feet and a little heart that beats. Nothing more significant than removing a wart right?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
We'll everyone knows that a light bulb is more significant than a fetus which after all is just a lump of flesh with a little head, little, arms and legs, little hands and feet and a little heart that beats. Nothing more significant than removing a wart right?

Yes that is a fetus, which shouldn't be aborted, but early abortions are procedures done on embryos,
not the same, in my opinion.

able

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2007
In Canada abortions are free, but the new light bulbs cost over 4 dollars. I guess in this age that makes light bulbs more important than abortions. Just my observation on what seems the most important.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

Pro Choice (PC) women are very dangerous to society because when they find out that a young girl is pregnant and is confused on how to solve the problem the PC women will tell them that abortion is the best way to deal with the problem.

They will discourage them from giving her child up for adoption or even putting her child into foster care until the girl figures out what her options are.

The PC woman will tell the pregnant girl that it is her right to get an abortion and tells her that if she doesn’t get one then she is letting all women who fought for this down.

The PC woman will even tell the girl that if she chooses not to get an abortion then the men win in the world.

In my lifetime I talked to thousands of women that had abortions and they wish they did not make that decision but her so-called PC friends talked her into getting one.

I talked to families of girls that got abortions and ended killing themselves and they all said that PC women gave wrong information to their little girls if only they had known they would have helped.

A woman that gets an abortion will go through severe depression that sometimes ends in suicide and if it doesn’t then they go through emotional hell all their lives when they try to find PC women to talk to then they are most likely told to get on with their lives and are abandoned by PC women.

Even when the girl gets married and has children they will always be depressed about the one that died the one that was forcefully ripped in pieces from her womb because they decided to listen to a PC woman.

Because of all the options out there to help the pregnant girls abortion is not necessary.

It's a waste of a good life.

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005
While I personally have never had to make the choice(abortion or not), I suggest that,as a society,we deal poorly with the "unwanted" children, the ones who end up in foster care(and frequently jail). In the United States there are more than one million children living in some form of institutional care. It's all well and good to be anti-abortion,but just because a "fetus' is given life does,in no way,assure that fetus of a quality of life.
I'd suggest that every pro-life person become a foster parent or an adoptive parent and put their "money where their mouth is".

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Woman have even more rights of choice

They can choose prevention as a regular part of their childbearing years until they are able to 'choose' to have a family.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
While I personally have never had to make the choice(abortion or not), I suggest that,as a society,we deal poorly with the "unwanted" children, the ones who end up in foster care(and frequently jail). In the United States there are more than one million children living in some form of institutional care. It's all well and good to be anti-abortion,but just because a "fetus' is given life does,in no way,assure that fetus of a quality of life.
I'd suggest that every pro-life person become a foster parent or an adoptive parent and put their "money where their mouth is".

That would be really nice. I've seen too many kids wait and wait for foster placement.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
snfu73 and talloola, what is your stance on late term abortions?
Complicated. I think the farther the pregnancy goes along, the more complicated the entire issue becomes. I still support a woman's right to choose, basically...but do have the hope that a woman who would prefer an abortion try to make the decision as early in the pregnancy as possible. I think in order to help this decision making process there needs to be a support system in place where women can go for help and advice in order to make the best decision possible. I feel, unfortunatly, that in our increasingly anti abortion society, the resources that help women through these events are also disappearing...if they were even in place to a decent extent anyway.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Being female, I believe it's my right to choose, and my responsiblity to make an informed decision. In today's worlds of internet access, libraries and access to information like never before I, as a woman, as an intelligent being, as a member of the human race am responsible for myself, my choices, and my actions.

This is what equality means.

Reactions: Josephine

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
Pro Choice (PC) women are very dangerous to society because when they find out that a young girl is pregnant and is confused on how to solve the problem the PC women will tell them that abortion is the best way to deal with the problem.

They will discourage them from giving her child up for adoption or even putting her child into foster care until the girl figures out what her options are.

The PC woman will tell the pregnant girl that it is her right to get an abortion and tells her that if she doesn’t get one then she is letting all women who fought for this down.

The PC woman will even tell the girl that if she chooses not to get an abortion then the men win in the world.

In my lifetime I talked to thousands of women that had abortions and they wish they did not make that decision but her so-called PC friends talked her into getting one.

I talked to families of girls that got abortions and ended killing themselves and they all said that PC women gave wrong information to their little girls if only they had known they would have helped.

A woman that gets an abortion will go through severe depression that sometimes ends in suicide and if it doesn’t then they go through emotional hell all their lives when they try to find PC women to talk to then they are most likely told to get on with their lives and are abandoned by PC women.

Even when the girl gets married and has children they will always be depressed about the one that died the one that was forcefully ripped in pieces from her womb because they decided to listen to a PC woman.

Because of all the options out there to help the pregnant girls abortion is not necessary.

I see...you've spoken to "thousands" of women about this? And they all said the "PC woman" made her do it. Well...I call your bluff...I'm smelling bull-****.

I am a PC woman...and I can tell you that I would never encourage any woman who is pregnant to have an abortion. That is her decision and I would never try to sway their opinion. I would listen. I would go over the many options available. If they chose to have the baby and give it up for adoption, I would applaude her courage and her strength in her beliefs. If she decided to have an abortion, I would support her decision, and be there for her in any way she needs.

The point here, is having the choice. Neither choice is always right and neither is always wrong.

Do not make such generalizations...you're likely to be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: El Barto

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Life starts at conception.

I believe that if abortion is allowed it should be done as quickly as possible.

And it should be absolutely illegal after the 1st trimester.

To think people support a woman`s 'right' to kill, piece by piece, a baby with a beating heart, tiny hands, brain waves.

Its barbaric.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

What a bunch of crap you speak. It's so easy to make inaccurate statements about other people you don't even know.
It's fine for you to have your own views toward abortion, but it is wrong to make
blanket statements that have no merit at all.
Every situation has to have it's own individual assessment, and families and pregnant woman/girls should make those statements in the privacy of their own lives.
And, for you to make judgements re: pc women is ludicrous, as every pc woman
is also an individual, you make them sound like robots who have been assembled in some factory.
Give your head a shake.