The Battle of Britain. Was it won by the Royal Navy?

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: The Battle of Britain

I reckon they are Juan, as I say, when you consider lord Beaverbrook's role in the british cabinet, certainly a lot of the canadians who joined werent all anglo's, and there were a lot of other nations too (funny you say poland, cus there's a good 20,000 living in my town now, thats the problem when you have a free-flowing union, but parts of it are much richer than the other).

But yeah, I was mainly on about 1812, a bit of ww1, ww2 I realise about the other nations and such

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
The British and the Americans are quick to forget Canada's large envolvment in ww1 and ww2. We helped defend the UK long before the USA and even invaded the mainland before the Americans were in the war.

Also the Canadian Navy can not be forgotten in this conflic, one of the largest navies in the world after the war. The fact is Canada kept the UK afloat, if we had not joined the war I highly doubt the UK would have made it, or would have had a harder time at it anyhow.

Also the Battle of Britain was not won by the UK but lost by Germany. It was Hitlers stupity when he was about to destory the royal airforce to switch the bombings from the run ways of the RAF to the cities of England. It is widely known that if Hitler had kept the German airforce bounding the RAF directly there would not have been an RAF to defend the UK.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

And do you really think His Majesty's Canadian Navy would NOT defend err..well their King's homeland?

not in a million years

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

Ah Roahld Dahl flew one of those!!!

But you understand what I mean though, the week's difference in declaring war was just a formality, do you really think Canada wouldnt have fought on Britain's side?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There was never a question whether Canada would join Britain in that war. From the puny military we had at the start of WW2, I think we had a hundred thousand soldiers in Britain in the first year. By the end of the war we had a million men in uniform. I should have said men and women. :p