Tel Aviv is the source of the unrest in the Middle East

Serryah

House Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
That is a lie. You do not consider Palestine "as bad as" Israel. That is very obvious in your one sided condemnation.

Are you saying I don't know my own mind?

One sided condemnation?

I think you need to read what I've written about the subject. BOTH sides are as bad as the other. Have been for a while. I honestly think the last time Israel had a chance for Peace, they assassinated the man behind that chance and there's been no one since Rabin who actually does want peace.

Instead it's been warmongers, expansionists and terrorists.

Irony is, Palestine hasn't changed from being a terrorist backed state; rather Israel has lowered itself to becoming like Palestine.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Sorry, you can't justify the '48 and the '67 attack on Israel on their policy in the west bank. Do try again.
No, thanks. I don't know what you're babbling about.

If you feel like saying something coherent and on point, I'll be happy to discuss it with you.

Ah, now that I've looked back over it, I see where you went wrong. Protip: read the posts quoted. You'll understand the answers better.

gerryh

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 21, 2004
Seized land outside the UN recognized boundaries.

Nope, won land through spoils of war, after being attacked. IMO, Israel should never have returned the land they annexed.

Negotiated in bad faith and violated negotiated agreements.

Link.

Discriminated against Palestinians inside Israel, including committing war crimes against them.

Again, link.

By the way, I agree with you and gerryh (except for the lame-ass whataboutery). I just don't pretend Israel is pure as the driven snow.

Sorry, I don't see it.

Serryah

House Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
That basically confirms what I said. Your condemnation is one sided, your support is overwhelming in favourite of Palestine and the Arab countries.

Nah, it just means you posted up where I've posted on Israeli threads and said Israel is doing bad shyte.

You didn't read any of it to see that despite that, I say Israel is just as bad as Palestine.

I don't favour Palestine OR Arab Countries. Far from it.

But I also don't absolve the Israeli state from being culpable for it's own brand of terroristic activities unlike some.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Nope, won land through spoils of war, after being attacked. IMO, Israel should never have returned the land they annexed.
Excellent argument. I'll keep it in mind when we annex parts of Canada.
Asked and answered.
Again, link.
Destroying the houses of "terrorists," punishing the innocent along with the guilty. War crime.
[quote[Sorry, I don't see it.[/QUOTE]
Unsurprising, all things considered. I'll see if I can make it simple for you.

Israel has the right to exist within secure borders. This is the right of any nation-state, and Israel's right is, if anything, superior to that of other nation-states, being the only nation-state whose existence was ratified by the only organization having even a shaky claim to speak for the world.

That does not mean everything they take it into their heads to do is above question or criticism.

gerryh

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 21, 2004
Excellent argument. I'll keep it in mind when we annex parts of Canada.
Asked and answered.
Destroying the houses of "terrorists," punishing the innocent along with the guilty. War crime.

Unsurprising, all things considered. I'll see if I can make it simple for you.
Israel has the right to exist within secure borders. This is the right of any nation-state, and Israel's right is, if anything, superior to that of other nation-states, being the only nation-state whose existence was ratified by the only organization having even a shaky claim to speak for the world.
That does not mean everything they take it into their heads to do is above question or criticism.

Wow, Israel took/occupied land while defending itself against Egyptian, Syrian, and Jordanian aggression in 1967. Israel did not arbitrarily decide to take what wasn't their's, so your comparison is bullshit.

Sorry, destroying houses of terrorists, terrorists that attack Israel, is not "war crimes". You want to blame someone, then Blame Hamas and the other terrorist groups that fire missiles from non combative neighborhoods and use children as human shields.

Last edited:

gerryh

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 21, 2004
Nah, it just means you posted up where I've posted on Israeli threads and said Israel is doing bad shyte.
You didn't read any of it to see that despite that, I say Israel is just as bad as Palestine.
I don't favour Palestine OR Arab Countries. Far from it.
But I also don't absolve the Israeli state from being culpable for it's own brand of terroristic activities unlike some.

Bullshit. From all your posts, you criticize Israel with no criticism of surrounding Arab States or Palestine. The closest you come is when pushed, you will say what you said above, Israel is as bad as Palestine. When it's brought up that the wars fought by Israel have been because of aggression by their neighbour's, you ignore.

Serryah

House Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Bullshit. From all your posts, you criticize Israel with no criticism of surrounding Arab States or Palestine. The closest you come is when pushed, you will say what you said above, Israel is as bad as Palestine. When it's brought up that the wars fought by Israel have been because of aggression by their neighbour's, you ignore.

If you say so.

But that doesn't make you right, Gerryh.

Just remember that.

Serryah

House Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
This is a subject that has been beaten to death. Not only are there dozens of vocals groups that go on to college campuses, city streets, etc. in the name of Palestine (harassing and threatening Jewish students along the way), but there is the BDS movement that attempts to cripple the Israeli economy.

I know, I've seen the news and documentaries on this kind'a stuff. It's not just stupid, it's dangerous and blatantly anti-Semitic.

Got proof about people out to cripple the economy though?

And what about the other side where Extreme Christians are doing all they can to fund Israeli expansion to bring in Revelations?

Try walking down cities in Europe with traditional Jewish orthodox clothing. You run the risk of being beaten in the streets.

I know.

You know what else? Orthodox Jews are like Extremist Christians and Extremist Muslims... they are pro Jewish and anti everything/everyone else and if you don't follow their version of their religion, you're not Jewish.

Yet there are perhaps hundreds of oppressed groups in the World. Why not East Timor? Tibet? Hong Kong? Chechnya? The Indigenous people in South America?

There are, and so many others too like the Uyghurs in China.

Piling on Israel is the cowardly and lazy way out. Have some guts and pick a cause that people are not familiar with.

Look at this chart:

https://ourworldindata.org/human-rights

The higher the score, the more human rights violations a nation has:

2014 score

Canada 2.1
USA 3.5
Russia 8.7
China 9.1
Saudi Arabia 8.8
Israel 7.1
South Sudan 9.9
Congo 10.0
Indonesia 6.2
India 5.6
Syria 9.9
Egypt 9.7
Jordan 7.3
Iraq 8.7
Iran 9.3

So... because I keep to the topic of Israel in an Israel based thread, that *obviously* means I don't have any opinions, especially negative, against other nations that are worse?

Riiiight.

You want my opinion on these other places, put up a thread on em. Or just ask.

Until then, I'll stick to making comments about how Palestine and Israel are both effin' terrible to each other, neither side wants peace and Israel has no right to claim that they're oh so put upon after how they treat people in Palestine over the last few years.

Serryah

House Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
The fault lies with surrounding Arab countries for not accepting Palestinian immigrants, and with the Palestinian leadership itself, for their obsession with driving the Jews away from the Holy Land.

Israel is just doing what every other nation would do under the circumstances.

I don't deny fault lies with other Arab countries.

Regardless, Palestinians were on that land before it was given to Israel, they're rightfully fighting for their homes, even now. Not all, mind you, but in some cases that's exactly what's happening.

By the way, the Holy Land isn't just Holy to the Jews, but Christians and Muslims too. Which is another reason why it's such a bone of contention.

Israel is doing what any other nation would, and Palestinians are doing what any other people would do.

In the end, it's still as I said, NEITHER side wants peace, and there won't be peace until they stop being so stupid or they mutually destroy one another.

Serryah

House Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Since you keep ignoring the obvious:

Jews were there first!

No, I don't keep ignoring the obvious.

It's just not relevant.

Unless you wish to make it so and thus open up a whole can of worms with that.

Christianity and Islam are derived from the Torah, the Jewish bible.

Wow! No hiding anything from you! Damn, they must'a nicknamed you Tack, you're so sharp...

Doesn't negate the fact all three religions have contentions in the area religion wise which adds other factors into all the bullshittery going on.

Serryah

House Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Well, it was the Palestinians that flatly rejected the 1947 UN Partition Plan, while the Jews accepted it.

Of course they did, it meant that the Brits would leave and the land would be theirs, the Jews would have been stupid not to accept. Meanwhile the Palestinians were the 'trash' of the Arab world and honestly no one would listen to them anyway (which was common enough actually in the era)

The Arabs rolled the dice, and underestimated the strength of the IDF, and were soundly defeated.

In 1949
In 1956
In 1967
In 1973

Sadly true. IMO trying to war with the new state that had US backing was effin' stupid on their part, but it's on their own heads really.

Maybe if the Palestinians had just left Israel alone, they would not find themselves in this predicament. They made their bed, let them lie in it.

Maybe if Britain hadn't given the land to the Jews to begin with and had either stayed in control of it (as a third party neutral overseer) or worked out a deal that Palestine COULD have gotten on board with, shit might have been avoided.

Palestine attacking Israel didn't help matters though and only earned them the ire of the West. And they rightly have it.

Now here we are; no peace, no sign of peace, and Israel becoming the monsters they've for years have been fighting against.