Sorry if I'm kinda quiet for a while.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
My lower back is causing Hell with my sciatic nerves, down the front of my thighs - I can only sit in front of the computer for 15 or 20 minutes. The back problem is because of a large weight-gain (fluid retention) in my gut lately... gone from a 38" waist to over 50", since early Fall. To cap it off, the retention is due to a very serious liver problem, which may or may not become as serious as it gets - only time will tell.

Sorry... that's all for now - don't feel much like writing at the moment.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Sorry to hear that 10 P. Being in pain and having a few other concerning problems is a challenge and can be demoralizing.

Hope you get better soon......and are on the appropriate treatment for your medical problems..

Drop in as you can ......and keep us posted.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ten Packs said:
My lower back is causing Hell with my sciatic nerves, down the front of my thighs - I can only sit in front of the computer for 15 or 20 minutes. The back problem is because of a large weight-gain (fluid retention) in my gut lately... gone from a 38" waist to over 50", since early Fall. To cap it off, the retention is due to a very serious liver problem, which may or may not become as serious as it gets - only time will tell.

Sorry... that's all for now - don't feel much like writing at the moment.

I am very sorry to hear that.

Please, keep your chin up, and we will look forward to seeing you back "full time".

Take care and good luck with this.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Gawd, my mom had the sciatic nerve problem. The poor girl went through hell some days, and some days she was fine. So I know what your going through, Ten Packs, some advice?? Just start drinkin, and stop when the pain goes away.

I am sorry to hear.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Take care of yourself Ten Packs

Hope you get this sorted out before the 25th. When I'm in pain from overeating, I want to share with as many people as possible.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: Sorry if I'm kinda quiet for a while.

GreenGreta said:
Gawd, my mom had the sciatic nerve problem. The poor girl went through hell some days, and some days she was fine. So I know what your going through, Ten Packs, some advice?? Just start drinkin, and stop when the pain goes away.

I am sorry to hear.

I wish it was that easy - the Drink is why I am where I am today.... they're not sure whether the liver's gonna come through it or not.
It's been over a month without a drink, except for one night when my back was so bad that nothing else would touch it.

Oh - and thanks for all the good wishes, folks!

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: Sorry if I'm kinda qu

Ten Packs ... so very sorry to hear about your health!! From what I know, liver stuff is very painful and exhausting.

I know the drinking thing can be tough ... I've been sober almost 18 years now, and it's still a battle some days. Good for you on putting the cork in the bottle.

I hope all goes well. My thoughts are with you.