Royals share photos to mark first Mother's Day without late Queen

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Royals share photos to mark first Mother's Day without late Queen​

BBC News
Sunday 19th March 2023

Queen Elizabeth II with baby King Charles

The 1949 photograph of the future Queen Elizabeth II and King Charles III was posted alongside a message

By Maria Zaccaro
BBC News

King Charles has remembered the late Queen on his first Mother's Day since her death.

A photo showing the King as a baby on the Queen's lap was released by the Royal Family on social media on Sunday.

They also shared a photo of Camilla, the Queen Consort, with her mother.

Both images were accompanied with a message wishing a special Mother's Day "to all mothers everywhere, and to those who may be missing their mums today".

"We are thinking of you," the message read.

This was the first Mother's Day since the death of the late Queen, who died on 8 September 2022 aged 96.

The Prince and Princess of Wales also posted pictures of Catherine with her three children on Sunday.

The Princess of Wales sat in a tree with her three children

The Princess of Wales also shared memories to mark the day, with this photograph of her with her three children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, who are second, third and fourth in line to the Throne respectively

In one photograph, she is pictured sitting in a tree with Prince George, 9, Princess Charlotte, 7, and Prince Louis, 4.

Another picture shows Catherine holding Prince Louis in her arms.

The photos were accompanied with a message reading: "Happy Mother's Day from our family to yours".

Camilla's mother, Rosalind Shand, died in 1994 from the bone disease osteoporosis aged 72. Following her mother's death, Camilla tried to help raise awareness of the condition with several visits to bone units in hospitals across the UK.

Camilla, the Queen Consort with her mother

Camilla's mother died after a long battle with osteoporosis

A ceremony taking place at Westminster Abbey in London on 6 May 2023 will see King Charles III crowned alongside Queen Camilla.

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Hard to do battle with bones like dry broomstraws.

What?

Do you speak English? Do you want me to explain the events more simply for you? If you can't speak English then why comment? And what's the point of me messaging you because you can't understand a word.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Better than you do, apparently.

Right. Translate what you said in your previous post, speak English and stop trolling.

I still wonder why, after nearly 20 years, I'm not a moderator here. I'd soon sort you out.

You like winding me up and I've had years of it. I ain't putting up with it anymore.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Better than you do, apparently. And the only thing I could possibly need you to explain would be the doings of FC Bolton.

Large.jpeg

That's Bolton Wanderers.

They hold the dubious record for the most top flight appearances (which nowadays is the Premier League) of all the teams that have never won it.

But they have won the FA Cup four times: in 1923, 1926, 1929 and 1958, with the Final of the latter being against a severely depleted Manchester United team which lost several players in the Munich Air Disaster just months previously.

Bolton Wanderers are currently sixth of the 24 teams in League One - the third tier of English football - sandwiched between Derby County and Peterborough United.

Last edited: