Rogers... WHAT IS THIS?

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
can they keep one name for more than a few years? first its cantel. then its cantel at&t, they its rogers at&t, then its rogers at&t wireless........... now its rogers wireless. what are they gonna call themselfs next? I cannot trust someone who cant stick to one thing for a period of time.

bell is always bell!

fido is always fido!

shaw is always shaw!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Reverend Blair said:
It's the great corporate shell game, lola. Carnies used to call it fleecing the rubes.

Yup! They are always trying everything to get a new face to get new customers! Their advertisements state a new Rogers Wireless network. AFAIK, it's not a new network. Just a new name, dropping the AT&T part due to license issues in Canada.

Be reminded: Rogers Wireless is _NOT_ a new network. They are still operating on their always-the-same GSM 1900MhZ and TDMA networks.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
I forgot to add -- one must have a new cellphone supporting 850 Mhz, to eliminate most of the dead spots on Roger's network. At least in Ontario, people are now saying it's finally superior to Fido (at least in most parts of Ontario, anyway). Just about damn time!

Wixy

Dec 27, 2004
heck yea, Rogers has shown continued growth and has a growing customer base still which is evident by all the posts about them on forums such as the one were in right now and this Rogers forum.

Wixy

Dec 27, 2004
...and they in fact have just put up a tower two blocks from my house which I'm sure they are sharing with other networks. I think they have thier act together finally.