Rev was right about Vancouver airport!!

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
Just reading one of your posts Rev and you are so right about the staff in Vancouver airport being crap!! They were completely useless.

We arrived there early to get lunch and do some shopping, etc. Went to check in after lunch and the Zoom check in dest said KLM to Amsterdam over the top of it. Anyway we confirmed it was actually Zoom and went to check in. Now, they owe us about $240 because they allowed us to book seats that we weren't allowed to sit in with a baby and we had to pay extra for that so I asked if we could use that money to upgrade...of course not...we don't do that here you have to go over there. So we went over to another desk and they said we should be discussing that with the other bunch!! Anyway explained that the check in staff were completely useless and that lady kindly came with us to a) jump back to the front of the queue and b) explain what they should be doing. So we sorted out the seats. Then came the baggage!! She wanted to weigh the hand luggage one bag = 10kg...we were only allowed 5kg apparently. I explained that that is all fine and dandy but we do need to feed the baby, have several changes of clothes for him, some toys, milk, etc, etc...she finally got bored and gave in on that one and then started on the checked in luggage- 18kg over allowance!!! :) We had to pay $90 excess baggage charges!! I tried to argue it but they weren't giving in!! I have actually never been charged for exess baggae before but they really stick to the rules there- suppose they make a lot of money out of it. I suppose I can accept the $90 charge since we took about 30kg of carry on baggae on to the plane!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But I still think they are poo.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Rev was right about V

I always hated that airport. The very first time I flew there the airport tax was just coming in. I was heading home and some woman in jeans and a sweatshirt came up to me and demanded ten bucks. She offered no ID or anything, and she was rude. Another passenger explained things to me or I likely would have gotten arrested.

Another time I went to the airport with a guy from Calgary. He was on an earlier flight and was out of cigarettes. So I was handing him four or five ouside of security to smoke in the little yellow room and some security guard comes running up, mad as hell, to tell we couldn't smoke in the airport. Nobody was putting a cigarette in their mouth or brandishing a lighter...I was passing over a handful of cigarettes.

Frappuccino Dibs

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2005
Well, I suggest you all fly to Luxor - now thats a fun airport.

Once you get used to the military aircraft and people with AK-47's at every turn, it's quite nice.

No Frappuccinos though :-(

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Rev was right about V

We watched Hazmat blow up a teddy bear at Vancouver airport.

They take no chances with unattended baggage.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well if a sponge is not safe in this world from fruitcakes, its no surpirse the teddy bears are being blown up to. Just wait until they realize bugs bunny is a cross dresser :p

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Okay I don't want you to start crying in your frap, so let me say this, of course we want you. Now that's it in the fuzzy warm department. :twisted: